Can you manually install Maintenance via PUTTY and SSH commands?

Hi James or anyone else :smiley:

Lets try a new topic to see if we can resolve this

IOS 4.4.4, latest version of ATV Flash Black 1.5 Untethered, using Window 7

I was running the latest XBMC when the ATV2 crashed and will not restart, get the Apple Logo then get stuck in an end restart loop, this is with both ethernet and wireless

I can however SSH to the unit with both PUTTY and CYBER DUCK

If i use the command apt-get remove beigelist

The ATV2 springs to life, but without the XBMC, Maintenance and Over Flow menus, however Media Player works and connects to my networked Windows 7 laptop and happyily streams movies from there

When i use the command apt-get install beigelist com.nito.nitotv org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2

The ATV2 goes back into the restart loop

What i’d like to know is what command can i use to via PUTTY to install the Maintenance menu, XBMC and Over Flow?

You feedback and ideas will be great as i have a useless ATV2 unit at the mo :frowning:

I am reasonably certain that Maintenance and Overflow have a dependency on Beiglist (do not know about XBMC) which is probably why removing beiglist stops these from working.   It sounds to me that what is required is a fix to beiglist (assuming the problem can be identified) so that it no longer causes a problem.

Thanks for the speedy response Is there a previous version of Beigelist i could install via SSH? This problem only happened when i upgraded to 1.5 :frowning:

Why not start from scratch, run seas0npass to do a fresh jailbreak and run ATV flash so you know its a clean install.

Might be quicker than farting around trying to figure out what needs to be fixed.

Do you have nitoTV installed? You can install Maintenance through nito if you search for it in Packages.

Hi all i have resolved my issues,

I SSH to the ATV2 and ran the command apt-get install remove Beigelist, this allowed the ATV2 to boot, however missing the maintenance, overflow, xbmc menus.

I then ran the ATV Flash Black 1.5 software, this installed correctly and gave me back the maintenance menu, from this i installed XBMC

The issue came when i used the maintenance menu to install NitoTV when the ATV restarted is went into the boot loop again.

I then redid the above but have not installed Nito TV, i then ran the SSH command apt-get update and the ATV runs great, XBMC works with all my previous settings and plugins still installed, Media player functions great stream items (movies, photos etc) from my laptop on both ethernet and wireless

THE ISSUE IS CLEARLY WITH NITOTV, BUT TO BE HONEST I CAN’T SEE A USE FOR IT ON ATV2 AS I CAN DO EVERYTHING I WANT/NEED TO WITHOUT THIS COMPONENT BEING INSTALLED? AM I MISSING SOMETHING?

Thanks

THIS POST BROUGHT MY ATV2 4.4.2 back to life.  It was in a continuous reboot loop.  

Using the above command apt-get remove beigelist I was able to get my ATV2 up and running again.

I tried using ATV FLASH BLACK 2.3 to install on ATV2 4.4.2 and it went to a reboot loop again. 

I used the above command to once again get my ATV2 working again and used nito Installer to easily add XBMC but I’m still without Maintenance, Couch Surfer, Over Flow etc.  

Please HELP…How can I get those back on my ATV2 without it crashing and going into a reboot loop.  

I don’t have shsh blobs and can’t restore and start over with a new jailbreak as I don’t want to lose the untethered jailbreal!

thnx