Can’t get iOS app to use Plex embedded meta data

Hello,

I’m brand new to infuse as I’ve been using the default Plex player for years. That said, I have Infuse working perfectly on my Apple TV 4’s, however I’m having issues with trying to get the iOS app to use the Plex embedded data like the tvOS app. Any ideas?

Welcome to the forum!

One thing to check is you are connecting to Plex using the ‘Connect to Plex’ option found in Infuse > Settings > Add Files.

If you have DLNA enabled in Plex you will also have the option of connecting that way (Infuse will list Plex’s DLNA connection in the list of available shares) but using that will not allow you to access the metadata from Plex.

Thanks James. As it turns out, it was my fault as I was selecting the wrong account to link my Plex server to. After linking the correct account - all is well.

Two unrelated questions if I may:

• How do you delete downloaded subtitles from within Infuse?

• I was able to delete the “Recently Added” list from within the TVOS app, however I cannot remove it from the iOS app.

Thanks so much for your help!
Chuck

If you want to remove downloaded subtitles for a specific video, you can simply swipe left on the subtitle track shown when browsing the Subtitles section of the Playback Menu (tap gear icon while a video is playing).

With regard to the Recently Added list, this cannot be hidden on iOS at this time, but is something we’re working to add. For now, if you prefer to avoid seeing it, you can uncheck favorites from the Settings > Library menu and content from those sources will not be included in this list.

Thanks James, for me removing the “Recently Added” list will go a long way towards keeping the the home screen uncluttered. I’m really enjoying the app so far and looking forward to future enhancements…

Chuck

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.