Can‘t connect to share

Hi,

I have a brand new apple TV, downloaded Infuse 5 but I can‘t get a connction to the share on my Mac (with Sierra, 10.12.6) . When I enter user name and password I always get the message that user name and password don‘t match - which they do, I typed them in a million times and I am 100% sure they are right.
Now for a change I get the message, that there was an error during connection. No specification of the error.
What can I do to make this work?! I bought the new 4k specifically to use it with Infuse and now I am very disappointed. I already updated the TVos and I triple checked the share on the mac.

I would be thankful for any advice

Edit: I just now realize there is a new OS out (for a while it seems, don‘t know why I didn‘t get the news). I will try updating the Mac and then try again.

Have you made sure that you have the shared folders set up in the Mac System Preferences under sharing?

Have you set up a User for your ATV under Users & Groups in the Mac System Preferences?

How are you trying to connect, SMB, DLNA, FTP, other?

EDIT TO ADD: I’m running 10.12.6 without issues.

Yes, and it worked fine with aTV2 and Infuse

with my main user account. Maybe thats not so clever. I will try setting up a share with a new user