can/should I upgrade my ATV firmware

hi, 

sorry i’m new  to this business.

i have an ATV2 here with quite an old firmware. it is already jailbroken, and e.g. xbmc is installed.

I’m now thinking about installing the firecore stuff, because i like infuse.

My questions:

1. can i easily install firecore components without losing my current xbmc installation ?

2. can i upgrade my atv firmware ? what happens if i upgrade to a version, that is not jailbroken yet ? will the firecore settings somehow stop me from updating to the unbroken version and  just offen an broken vesion ?

THX

You won’t lose anything

1. can i upgrade my atv firmware ? what happens if i upgrade to a version, that is not jailbroken yet ? will the firecore settings somehow stop me from updating to the unbroken version and  just offen an broken vesion ?

These are the firmware status’: Apple TV Version Info (updated 10/23/15) - Seas0nPass - Firecore

Yes, you can upgrade the firmware to what ever signatures you have saved for that device. Use ifaith to check saved versions.

The only version not jailbroken yet is 6.0. When you open seasonpass right click create ipsw and choose what version you have saved signatures for. If you have none then 5.3 (tethered) will be you only choice.

Firecore  will not prevent you fron updating unless you’re referring to the update presented through the apple menu.