Can Infuse play .ts single layer DoVi?

UHD Blu-ray Remux HEVC TrueHD Atmos 7.1 Single Layer DoVi.ts

Can Infuse play this?

If I understand the lingo that should be a straight copy of the contents of a 4K Blu-ray Disc so I don’t see why it shouldn’t. Give it a shot and let us know.

(If it doesn’t, you can usually send detailed data from the app and/or upload the file to a Dropbox so James can take a look at it if he thinks the issue requires investigation.)

• if the question is will it fully support the Dolby Vision parts of the content, Apple’s support of DV is not total on all devices, and my (limited) understanding is that this limitation is baked in. Infuse will none the less play affected content as accurately as possible, falling back to whichever version of HDR is present in the unsupported profiles. You might want to search the forums for the numerous threads on Apple’s mixed support for DV and @james explanations of how such content is treated by Infuse (and, iirc, misrepresented by other players as being supported when they really aren’t).

Here is the status of the DV support. Run your file through mediainfo and see if it matches one of these.

2 Likes