[Bug] Infuse does not consistently detect title from folder

Before the most recent update, I didn’t seem to have this issue. But I’ve been forced to fix a lot of entries that had already been corrected and now I notice a lot of this.

The problem is that this format for a folder…

Social Network, The

…is not detected properly. Infuse fails to identify the movie and when I edit the metadata “The Social Network” is not a suggestion (there are no suggestions).

If I manually type in “Social Network”, it will offer me the correct suggestion - The Social Network (2010).

I don’t see a consistent pattern for this problem. For example, I noticed that it correctly identified 2/3 titles in a trilogy. They are all originally from DVD, so the folders simply have a VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS, underneath. I don’t know why it failed to detect one.

TMDb doesn’t like “the” afterwards. See my response here:

Thank you. That is good to know. It does help my understand but I’m not sure it explains why previous results were different (fewer issues).

When I do a search on TMDB, it’s definitely inconsistent. I tried the trilogy I mentioned and as you would expect, 2/3 of the titles worked.

I think Infuse could reformat the title to compensate, before querying TMDB. Even though the issue might stem from TMDB, Infuse is creating its own user experience and this would improve it.

What trilogy?

The “Bourne” trilogy (Identity, Supremacy, Ultimatum). For some reason, the second one doesn’t work but the others do.

Maybe a typo?

No, it’s not a typo. You need to use the format I tried.

Bourne Identity, The
Bourne Supremacy, The
Bourne Ultimatum, The

Now the first one doesn’t work.

In any case, it seems like Infuse could easily try the title without “, The” if it’s detected as the suffix.

It’s helpful for me because then the directory has the correct order.

Okay yes that one doesn’t work. I feel you just got lucky with the last two. Anyways, isn’t it still in the same order without the “, The”? I recommend removing that or creating a suggestion thread for this specific support. I wouldn’t call it a bug. It’s just not supported and behaving as expected wrt tmdb.

Yes, knowing that it’s up to TMDB, I agree it’s not really a bug.

The odd thing is that TMDB changed its results, in just the last week-and-a-half.

Yes, I can remove those from the folders but it’s a bit annoying that it wasn’t a problem before.

The suggestion thread is probably the way to go. I still think it’s a reasonable suggestion for Infuse to truncate that, if found during a search. I understand we don’t want to deal with tons of niche cases but I think this one is straight-forward.

1 Like

Since both the major change in the API and the database at TMDB it’s be a bit tedious getting back to normal.

I don’t have any iso folders but maybe a different approach that may work and fit the needs for alphabetical order and be found in TMDB, maybe try “Bourne Supremacy 2004, The”?

Just a SWAG. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the suggestion but I don’t think that will work. The example didn’t anyway.

:wink:

Ahah! There’s more than one way to skin a kitty.

Try “Bourne Supremacy 2004 , The” with a space between the 2004 and the comma.

I just tried it as a file name and it worked.

Edit to add, it also appears to work as “Bourne Supremacy , The”

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.