I’ve been incessantly renaming movie files so that Infuse will match them correctly, and more often than not, I find myself modifying the year in the title. It’s been bugging me forever, because the years of these items were often different between TMDB and Infuse itself, which is odd because TMDB is Infuse’s source.
I finally just noticed today that Infuse is always subtracting 1 day from every release date! At first that doesn’t seem like a big deal, but there are so many movies on TMDB that have a release date of January 1. You know what that means? Infuse will list the movie as December 31 of the prior year, which means Infuse will not match the item automatically. This has been causing me headaches all year, and I only now have seen what’s happening.
Take ANY movie and you’ll see this behaviour. Here are some example movies:
- TMDB: release date October 17, 1985 (https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/579886-orpheize?language=en-US)
- Infuse: release date October 16, 1985 (https://imgur.com/UtJ6eiS). Not a big deal because the year on the file name if following the metadata 101 guide will still match.
- TMDB: release date August 2, 2013 (https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/136400-2-guns?language=en-US)
- Infuse: release date August 1, 2013 (https://imgur.com/JL7D9DM). Not a big deal because the year on the file name if following the metadata 101 guide will still match.
Our Last Spring:
- TMDB: release date January 1, 1960 (https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/269184-eroica?language=en-US)
- Infuse: release date December 31, 1959 (https://imgur.com/r0o7HPD). Actually a big deal because the file will not match.
Saw (short film):
- TMDB: release date January 1, 2003 (https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/246355-saw?language=en-US)
- Infuse: release date December 31, 2002 (https://imgur.com/6XjoO6n). Actually a big deal because the file will not match.
You get the point.
I’ve been cursing TMDB all year because so many of my titles have been a year off, causing me to manually match or rename titles to subtract a year from the release date–when this whole time it was Infuse subtracting 1 day from every release date for no good reason, oftentimes leading to December 31 releases of the prior year. Whenever this gets fixed, I’m going to have to rename all the files again. I’m so conflicted.