Buffering plaguing MKV files containing VC-1 video plus DTS-MA 7.1 audio

Fired up the original Jurassic Park the other night only to see the movie buffering every few minutes, an issue I have not experienced with any recent movies & my existing setup. I searched my library for other films with similar encodes & found only two other movies containing VC-1 encoded video and DTS-MA 7.1 audio but both experienced the same frequent buffering issue (VC-1 encoded films with True HD audio or DTS-MA 5.1 audio played without issue).

Running a 4th generation Apple TV, the latest version of Infuse Pro and have a solid 70Mbps 5Ghz Wifi connection back to the router.

What type of device are you streaming from?

One thing you may try is adjusting the SMB version to see if that helps. More info on doing this can be found here.

Thanks for the reply, James. I’m streaming from a Mac running MacOS 10.13.6 High Seirra. SMB is set to Auto; I’ll try legacy…

James,

I wanted to let you and others know that changing SMB from “auto” to “legacy” resolved my buffering issue.

I also attempted to use SMB3 after disabling packet signing (same thing as transport encryption?) on my Mac using the terminal command Apple recommends, but that does NOT solve the buffering issue.

sudo defaults write /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.smb.server SigningRequired -bool FALSE

Hope this is helpful for others or for improving future versions of Infuse.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.