Buffering issues after update

I was previously running 4.4 or something with atv flash black on my atv2, always streaming 6gb mkv movies flawlessly.

A couple of days ago I updated to the new untethered 5.3 and also the latest atv flash black and infuse.

Looks nice and everything BUT in every movie there is now Buffering every minute or so. Even on the same movies that worked fine before. After A while there is a message saying “~your network speed is too slow for playing this file type”

*I use wire all the way, No wireless

• mkv files, x264
  • receiver fully capable with DTS audio
    *ordinary sharing in Windows, (just right clicked and shared folder)

It also feels like it is taking to long to start up a movie, sometimes ~40sec

Ideas?

I’ve had the very similar problems, tried reverting back to 5.2 but the same problem.

Network is gig switch between AppleTV and Drobo5N, I’ve posted a support ticket but no word back yet.

tried it over AFP and SMB with Dolby and DTS passthrough on and off, same results - buffering a few minutes in and then halts playback
[FCM][Warn]  -[FCBufferedDemuxingStream readPacketToBuffer] can’t place new packet to buffer

[FCM][Warn]  Start buffering…

Feb  5 07:29:17 Apple-TV AppleTV[322]: [FCM][Warn]  End buffering…

Feb  5 07:29:17 Apple-TV AppleTV[322]: [FCM][Warn]  ######### FPS = 0.010108 #########

Feb  5 07:29:20 Apple-TV AppleTV[322]: [FCM][Warn]  ######### MEM Usage: 174M/171M. Free: 3M #########

Feb  5 07:29:22 Apple-TV AppleTV[322]: [FCM][Warn]  ######### FPS = 23.362619 #########

Feb  5 07:29:24 Apple-TV AppleTV[322]: [FCM][Warn]  ######### MEM Usage: 176M/171M. Free: 5M #########

[FCM][FATAL]  -[FCHardwareDecoder decode:] - VTDecompressionSessionDecodeFrame returned(-12911)
Feb  5 07:43:49 Apple-TV AppleTV[322]: [FCM][FATAL]  -[FCAsyncDecodingStream decodeNextAvailablePacket] decoder <FCHardwareDecoder: 0x1e1ba840> can't decode packet dts - 851017 pts - 851017 flags - 0
Feb  5 07:43:49 Apple-TV AppleTV[322]: [FCM][Warn]  [Workflow] Received 'Error Domain=com.firecore.media.player Code=2 "Cannot establish connection to network" UserInfo=0x1d510fe0 {NSLocalizedDescription=Cannot establish connection to network}'
Feb  5 07:43:49 Apple-TV AppleTV[322]: [FCM][Warn]  -[FCMediaPlayer stop]

I tried everything as well. I am now thinking its a problem with the aTV flash 2.4 version

Wish we can downgrade to previous versions

I opened a support case 12 days ago, and the status keeps returning to “awaiting your response” though there’s no messages or actions for me. Getting a little frustrating here, more than happy to help with any fault finding/log collecting/testing.

Any comments from firecore please?

Andrew 

Unfortunately there is no support for atv flash black from firecore. No more updates, they are just focusing on their infuse smartphone app
They are not even updating the forum
Haven’t seen James around here

The problem is we also have smartphones and seeing how the support is going down hill we might refrain from getting the app

It does seem that way :frowning:

Over the weekend I picked up a Roky 3, to try it with Plex, and the experience is pretty dissapointing, minimal codec support both audio and video, it’s a poor substitute for Infuse for Apple TV, when it works of course!

Next stop will be to test a WD TV Live I think, Id really rather not have something like Plex in the middle, hey ho, onwards and upwards!

20 days now since I opened a ticket and nothing more than an acknowledgement.
In the mean time I’ve tested a Roku which didnt really work for me, and am currently using a WD TV Live with Plex, it’s descent, plays everything, but not the prettiest of intefaces, much prefered Infuse for Apple TV…