Big problem after update 4.1.3 :(

After I have updated to 4.1.3 (by Maintenance menu), the module list is empty (only the first part with Apple sections is displayed) and the plug-ins menu (empty list also) crash the Apple TV :frowning:
What can I try before a complete reinstall ?

Does your AppleTV have a working Internet connection? You may also want ensure Hotspot Shield/Tunnelblick are disabled (Maintenance --> Settings menu).

I too have this exact same problem.

I had posted in another thread that I was experiencing this and in my attempt to fix it by a factory reset of the ATV and ATV Flash reinstall, I got waylaid by another issue relating to the an error in the downloading of Nito Smart Installer (partial download problem). Anyway after finally getting things back up and running, the issue of the mysterious missing menu options has returned. You cannot manage the plug-ins as they are not there. If you go into the Install Menu, all you see is the heading and and the list of applications has gone AWOL, If you press a key on the remote, the system simply says “Error - Press Play/Pause”.

Now here’s the weird bit,after leaving the ATV alone for a while and then checking…hey presto!! the options are back. Then if you go and watch something, even normal TV, check again and the Install options/application have gone walk about again. Should I seek an exorcism. :o

As always, any feedback is most welcome,

Thanks…Ian

I do also have the exact same problem as above… any solutions / workarounds ?

Both the Manage Plugins and Install Extras menu rely on an Internet connection to pull the list of available downloads. Has your Internet connection been having any issues lately?

nope… no issues on my airport. 30 mins before i did the update, i was doing youtube surfing on it.

I have the exact problem even with 4.1.4
I contacted aTV Flash support and this was their reply:
We’re sorry for the trouble. Do you currently have the Hotspot Shield application installed and running? This app, at times, can cause issues accessing certain web based features such as Install Extras and Manage Plugins. Please try disabling this app (Maintenance --> Settings menu) and accessing the Install Extras and Manage Plugins menus

I haven’t been able to check yet, but will post an update when I did.
(Feel free to race me to test :smiley: )

I have the exact problem even with 4.1.4
I contacted aTV Flash support and this was their reply:
We’re sorry for the trouble. Do you currently have the Hotspot Shield application installed and running? This app, at times, can cause issues accessing certain web based features such as Install Extras and Manage Plugins. Please try disabling this app (Maintenance --> Settings menu) and accessing the Install Extras and Manage Plugins menus

I haven’t been able to check yet, but will post an update when I did.
(Feel free to race me to test :smiley: )

UPDATE: After disabling Hotspot Shield I was able to run the Nito smart installer. Also all missing extra’s were visible again. When I enabled Hotspot Shield again all had disappered.
So looks like the key is “Disable Hotspot Shield when you want to update/adjust any extras and/or plugins”

Yes, it seems Hotspot Shield (at times) can block access to certain types of downloads. Glad you’re up and running.