Big library and jellyfin

When will the final version available to everyone be released?
We don’t want a beta version

The other question

I have a very large plex library

Will it be handled smoothly without delay in fetching data??

Because now it’s almost 9 or 10 days and he’s looking for metadat

You can check the status of upcoming features here. Currently going to be added for version 7.6. My guess is September or October.

And then how many years does it take you to scroll through that entire library at just 12 posters a page to see what’s in it?

I don’t currently use it via infoes

Rather use it via the Plex app
Type in the search the name of the movie and it appears

Wait for the infues to fix it and then use it.

Where do you even store that amount of data? I have about 1300 movies and a dozen series and it’s using close to 30TB.

He probably subscribed to an Appbox/Plexshare.
(Access to a third party’s server that’s usually set up by a group who offer subscriptions) They’re sometimes setup on cloud storage (Google dropping unlimited closed a lot of them down) but are sometimes set up on physical drives and the thousands of subscriptions pay for the hardware.
Users can request things to be added and often it’s automated but In most cases nobody has even heard of 99% of the stuff they hold, so as @FLskydiver mentions I imagine you scroll through for hours deciding what you want to watch then realise it’s bed time.

Size is all relative to be honest.
Whilst I had Google Unlimited everything I had was Remux when possible. So usually…
80-120GB for a single season of a show.
20-40GB for a movie.
40-90GB for a 4K movie.
I think I was at 140TB AFTER I once decided to trim it down.

When i knew the writing was on the wall with Google Unlimited I set up my synology and all the remux got replaced by encodes.
I have the exact same movies and shows, plus all the ones I added since then and I’m at 40TB. So around 100TB less.

1 Like

Hitsville Wonderful, you are right

Paying a subscription for temporary access to uncurated, unlicensed content that’s widely available elsewhere doesn’t make any sense to me. The sales pitch is “we’ve got every file ever digitized!” … but when any given individual (or family) is guaranteed from the start to have zero interest in 99.997% of what’s being hosted; and the immense mass of the pyroclastic slurry of content hurled at you by these “services” means the only way to ever locate items among the 0.003% of available files you actually want to watch is to already know of their existence and individually seek them out by name … the whole exercise all seems rather counterproductive.

And then, of course, you’re left with figuring out which of the 2,400 different listed versions of a popular title is the most competently encoded copy in the bunch; the one you actually ought to be watching.

To me it makes far more sense to save the bandwidth and simply compile your own self-curated collection that ensures the content you index is content you actually have an interest in watching; served in the quality you want it to be served up in. :man_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

I mean not a million - I mean the library is huge (just an exaggeration of expression)

For me, I like to buy originals and enjoy watching (or netflix number 1)

But my comment was that Hitsville knows what he’s saying

Because the experience of other services is bad, and for Plex servers, it was only an experience

But at the end, the best original copies are of surround quality and sound

Right, I was just kinda curious is all. I can’t imagine having that much content. I’m lucky if I have enough time to watch one movie a week. All my content is local on my synology nas and is cleaned up at least once a year. Stuff I have no interest in re-watching again, I delete.

1 Like