BETA Questions

Now a few people have their Infuse AppleTV BETA logins :slight_smile: is this the place to ask questions or raise issues ?

Thanks

Sure!

Working great for me so far, my biggest complaint is that the library is not scanned for metadata until you enter the folder. Meaning I have to manually enter each of my TV shows root folder to fetch (which works superbly, by the way) rather than just tell Infuse to add my root TV shows folder, scan, and fetch all metadata.

Also, not all the movies are recognized. I have to edit manually a lot of the files.

Was it the same for you with Infuse for iOS? Because I’ve only had a few things fail to be recognized, and when I went into my NAS to see the name, in fact they were not named properly (e.g. show episodes missing the season number).

How do find/add Subtitles during playback of a movie?

Was it the same for you with Infuse for iOS? Because I’ve only had a few things fail to be recognized, and when I went into my NAS to see the name, in fact they were not named properly (e.g. show episodes missing the season number).[/quote]

I didn’t try Infuse for iOS for this kind of content, only personal videos. So, I don’t really know.

meta data is picked up when serving from Plex DLNA share. I’m having huge mismatch errors when adding media by SMB share.

Additionally it passes DTS core and Dolby Digital through to my receiver but no DTS-HD/DolbyTrueHD

Small question regarding subtitles!

How are they displayed? Do they appear in the native Apple soft sub style? Or is it more like the iOS app where fonts styles are more customisable?

Hi there,
It’s the first time that I use Infuse and I’m wondering if there ist a way to add two shared folders to one favorites folder?
I connected two USB storages to my NAS so there are more than one folder where my movies are.

Thanks

During playback, you can swipe down to bring up the top menu This pauses the movie and gives you subtitle options (as well as other options). I’m not in front of my Apple TV now, but I believe it gave me the option to choose a subtitle track within the movie and to search OpenSubtitles.org.

As for the subtitle font, I’ll check that when I get home.

Subtitles are a bit janky at the moment, but may be fixed by released.

The subtitles are highly customizable. You can change font, color, border, position, etc. The default subtitle is basic white text with a thin black boarder, which works fine for my purposes.

What’s bad is that it ignores stylized subtitles completely. So most anime subs doesn’t look right. And if you have subs running across the top of the screen (normally for music while speech is going at the bottom), the subtitles would overlap. This is probably just a side-effect of it ignoring stylized subs and position information contained within them.

I double-checked and we currently don’t have the option to browse for a separate subtitle file, but I assume the app will automatically load subtitles that use the same file name as the file being played.

There is the option to load more subtitles. What this does is check OpenSubtitles.org based on the metadata found for the file. If app didn’t find the correct video metadata, then you’re out of luck and will need to find subs manually via a computer. You can’t browse OpenSubtitles.org from within the app.

Very helpful - thanks!

Seems to be the case on all the ATV4 media plays so far tbh!

I also find this quite annoying. I should be able to add the root folder as a favorite by displaying “/” in the folder list or have it otherwise automatically scanned.