Best Video Add-ons for XBMC

I’m getting the “Add-on does not have the correct structure” error, too.

How did you resolve it?

Download the plugin file to your computer, and unzip it.  Take the unzipped folder and install it into your ATV2 using Cyberduck, a file transfer program.  You can drap and drop the folder into the XBMC/Addons folder, and when you go into XBMC through the tv, the program will recognize the plug in.

This link explains it much better than I can:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=764272&postcount=85

Thanks for your reply.  That is what it did originally.

But I decided to try again following the instuctions in the links:

1.  I deleted the plugins zip files I downloaded yesterday,

2. downloaded them again,

3. uploaded to ATV2 via Cyberduck to /private/var/mobile/Downloads (I created a download folder to keep add-ons I download)

4. went into XBMC => System => Add-Ons => Install from zip file

5. selected the zip file to run

6. recevied message “Add-on does not have the correct structure” error. 

Tried several more times resulting in getting the same error message each time.

Make sure when you are on Cyberduck, and you go to ATV2, that you go to the topmost folder.  Then go to User, then Library, then Prefs, then XBMC.  I discovered after many tries that I had been putting the addons in the wrong folder.

Thanks a lot, it worked.   I also forgot to change the permissions.

Again, thanks!

I receive the message “The add-on does not have the correct structure”. When I am trying to install, i used the same instruction as edenc. I have tried this several times but I get the same reply every time. 

1. I deleted the plugins zip files I downloaded yesterday,

2. downloaded them again,

3. uploaded to ATV2 via Cyberduck to /var/mobile/Downloads (I created a download folder to keep add-ons I download)

4. went into XBMC => System => Add-Ons => Install from zip file

5. selected the zip file to run

6. recevied message "Add-on does not have the correct structure" error.

Please help me!

I’ve tried adding the sparetime file to my Apple TV which I can set the folder but when I go into the folder, its empty.  Any ideas?

I have the add on installed on ATV2. The zip was installed via cyberduck to the private-var/mobile/media folder where all my other repositories are. Installed fine via XBMC, Set up account online. XBMC Shows that it is enabled . It lists menu items but wont play.  My account information is in the configuration for the add-on.How do we set up the path? What should it be for playing the videos? Which folder etc.?

Which add on are you trying to use?

sorry bout that. FastpassTV

You might want to check the XBMC website, and do a search for that plug in.  They have made a LOT of changes recently, and things that have worked might not work.  This is relevant if you upgraded to Eden, which is the newest version. 

Thank you.

I live in the uk and have just installed tv flash and XBMC

How do I now install plugins for the bbc i player and catch up tv etc?

do I use the same software as mentioned above?

many thanks

I seem to be having thr same problem. The links will not activate for me. FastPassTV will only show titles but once clicked will not activate. COmes up blanlk. Also, I am a HULU subscriber and even after entering all my login info it will not play. I can view commercials but thhats it.  I would say abnout 30% of my vids work. WHat am I doing wrong here ?