Battlestar Galactica 2003/2004: how to handle it?

Within TMDB Battlestar Galactica is listed as

Battlestar Galactica (2003) is the 2 espisodes mini series
Battlestar Galactica (2004) is the regular series.

Furthermore, how to handle The Plan, Blood and Chrome and Razor that are Specials but categorized as movies by TVDB?

Thanks in advance

1 Like

For the 2 episode series name the individual files ā€œBattlestar Galactica Miniseries 2003 S01E01.mkvā€ and ā€œBattlestar Galactica Miniseries 2003 S01E02.mkvā€

For the regular series name the files ā€œBattlestar Galactica 2004 S01E01.mkvā€ and so on for all other episodes. Just add the 2004 to the series name for the file names.

Battlestar Galactica The Plan 2009.mkv
Battlestar Galactica Blood And Chrome 2012.mkv
Battlestar Galactica Razor 2007.mkv

EDITED: Changed the naming for the miniseries episodes and series name to correctly pull metadata. As noted in a later post.

1 Like

Unfortunatley they appear as duplicates of episode 1 and 2 of the first Season

Did you do a ā€œScan for Changesā€ after you changed the names?

Give me a bit to do some testing and Iā€™ll see what I can figure out.

Yes I did. I also went to /Menu/Library/ to launch Refresh Metadata. Metadata should now be brand new.

Okay, do NOT ask me why cause I have no idea, it was just a SWAG.

Hereā€™s how to name your files to get the miniseries.

I too got the new series as I had it named before but adding the word ā€œMiniseriesā€ between the name and year works.

1 Like

Thanks a bunch, I would never had guessed.

1 Like

That was a fun challenge. :+1:

I just edited my earlier post to reflect the correct names for all of the questions so if anyone in the future runs up against this then all the info is in one place.

Thanks for verifying it!

Is there a way to consolidate all Battlestar Galactica materials in one TV Collection like it was a Movie Collection like Harry Potter/Lord of the Ring, etc.?

You can put them all in a folder and add that as a favorite or make a playlist

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.