Background Subtitles

Can you add a background behind the subtitles like in quick time player, for a better readability? Basically displaying the subtitles in a similar way the standard Apple TV software does.

It is contradictory that an app developed for the apple tv/ios does not show the subtitles as it it shows for default.

Imgur

mod edit

Discussion here.

+1

+1. Been hoping for this!

As long as it’s just an option. I disable the background for subtitles on the native player.

+1

+1

Would absolutely LOVE this!!! PLEASE :smiley:

It’s currently possible if you save your subtitles as styled Advanced Sub Station Alpha *.ass. I don’t use boxes but I wouldn’t mind some more options in Infuse for regular srts. Arial as a font option for example.

1 Like

+1

1 Like

+1

This is a good idea but please make it optional, not forced.

+1!

Any ETA on this function? Brighter movies are making the subtitles increasingly difficult to see. Thanks.

Again, PLEASE can you add a background behind the subtitles like in quick time player, for a better readability? Basically displaying the subtitles in a similar way the standard Apple TV software does.

It is contradictory that an app developed for the apple tv/ios does not show the subtitles as it it shows for default.

Please, we need this.

This is the current suggestion thread with the most views/momentum/attention about the subtitle background topic - Add background behind subtitles. Please use this discussion to put our suggestions about pretty much the same topic in the same place for easy reference.

-1 … but if you do… please make it an option one can choose for.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.