Autoplay Next Episode

Hello, for the past few weeks Infuse sporadically doesn’t autoplay the next episode of a television series. It’s hit and miss and happens nearly half the time. Also, it used to keep playing between seasons, once a season ended it would move on to the next, and it’s also stopped doing that. Any help is appreciated.

Edit: Am I the only one to have this issue?

1 Like

Can you provide a bit more info about when this is/isn’t working?

Right now, Infuse will auto-play the next episode in a particular season, but will not play the next season (this is something we hope to add in the future).

You may also check to ensure the ‘Continuous Playback’ option in Settings is set to include TV Shows.

Hi James, thanks for the reply

First, Continuous Playback is enabled.

Since December or January, Infuse has been moving between seasons, at least for me. The first time it occurred I stopped the program and checked to see the episode because I was caught off guard by it. I just assumed it was a new feature. I’ve been in the middle of a home remodel for far longer than I intended and will play shows that I don’t need to physically see to know what’s going on, while I crank up the volume to hear things from other rooms. For example, I was watching Archer season 1 and it autoplayed to season 2. The next day I was watching season 2 and it stopped at the end of season 2. Before that it would run through seasons no problem. As a side note, there’s a show called Typical Rick, which is very short. Maybe 10 minutes an episode, with only 6 episodes a season. I started the first episode and watched the entire series in order, without stopping and without having to touch the remote. Infuse autoplayed through both season. This was about 6 weeks ago.

There’s four shows that I typically watch while working: Family Guy, American Dad, Scrubs, and Archer. All four of these shows have been inconsistent while autoplaying, I believe since the 6.0.4 or 6.0.5 update. Sometimes they’ll play 1 or 2 episodes and then stop, sometimes it’ll go for 5 or 6. The first day things started acting strangely, it would play 1 or 2 episodes and stop. There’s no rhyme or reason to it. It’s also happened during other shows such as Sick Note, Scrubs,

Also, it doesn’t seem to matter what type of file is being played, MKV, AVI, MP4, or what have you.

Hopefully something that I said will help. I can also give more information if that will help.

Thanks again.

1 Like

Hi, since one of the last few updates of Infuse I also have this problem. Sometimes (I cannot reproduce it) the next episode of a tv show will not play, i just get an error message.
Also sometimes it takes up to 30 seconds until the next episode will play.

At least I’m not alone. Though, I don’t get an error message. After the episode is over it just goes back to the season menu. I have been experiencing a number of app crashes since the update to 6.0, which is something that rarely happened before the 6.0 update.

1 Like

Mh…
It really bothers me, because I let the TV on with a sleeptimer and one of my TV shows on, but it often stops after one episode and I have to manually play the next episode. This does not happens every time, but more than 50% I guess…
The problem for me is, that I cannot reproduce this bug… I don’t understand where the problem is…

Do you got any updates?
Because this issue is still present with Infuse 6.0.6.

Hi, in the last few days, I’ve toned down my usage of Infuse. Update 6.0.6 hasn’t solved any of my issues and it’s starting to get really frustrating.
Here’s a list of my current issues:

Can’t connect to Trakt. I get an error message every time.

Metadata takes longer to load on screen. Before the 6.0 update, when I scrolled through the list of movies and TV shows, the cover art would be there as I scrolled. Now, I have to scroll very slowly and wait for the cover art to pop in.

I haven’t had a season stop streaming since the 6.0.6 update, but I’ve also watched very little TV using Infuse. Though, shows have started streaming between seasons again, even though it’s not supposed to do that, so that’s a nice bug.

Buffering. I’ve had more buffering in the past couple weeks than I have in the few years I’ve been using Infuse.

Frequent crashes. Between 1 and 3 a day. That’s something that used to happen very rarely.

The problem with the wrong audio track, such as the commentary track, playing by default still persists. I’ve changed my settings as recommended and now have to deal with non-English languages being played by default. It’s basically pick your poison with that issue, since there’s been no real resolution to it. I can understand that though, since we are dealing with a ton of different file types and such.
(Infuse just crashed again while sitting in the menus. 2nd time today. I’ve only had it on for less than an hour.)

I’ve been having a few other issues, but I can’t even remember them currently.

I started a free trial of Plex and I’m really enjoying it. It has a lot of features that Infuse has been telling us they’ll add, but haven’t done so. You get tired of waiting for these features after being told they’re right around the corner for the past couple years. Plex is more expensive, but if it keeps working as well as it has been for me, I’ll bite the bullet and buy the lifetime pass.

I appreciate the Infuse team and what they do. They have the best player on the AppleTV and their customer service does what they can. That’s more than you can say for everyone else.

Sorry for the trouble.

We’re not really seeing any other similar reports, but if you have a chance to send in a report from your device it may help us track down what is going on.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply, James. I submitted the diagnostic report and opened a ticket.

Since Infuse 6.0.7 I do not have no problems anymore with no autoplay the next episode of a tv show.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.