Audio sync lag when streaming from Plex

New Infuse user but long time Plex user.

Have a large Plex library with Movies and TV shows. Currently I use Plex as a DVR.
I have an isolated a very reproducible issue with audio sync (lag) with infuse, that does not occur with the Plex client.

Scenario:

• TV show recorded with Plex DVR with default commercial skip configured.

Audio is in sync with video during playback with infuse until first commercial skip (auto edit out), the audio then progressively lags upon each commercial skip.

Audio stays perfectly in sync when playing back through Plex.
Using latest Plex server / client / infuse on Apple TV 4K

Welcome to the forum!

We’re actually looking into a similar issue with a few other videos that feature edited out commercials.

There’s a good chance the fix we’re working on for these videos will help in your case, but if you are in the mood to upload a sample video that is causing problems for you it could be helpful.

Samples can be uploaded here.

Uploaded a file that exhibits the problem
Its pretty obvious delay gets to a couple of seconds pretty quickly

Thanks! :slight_smile:

We’ll take a look, and see what we can do.

Any update on this? Its effectively preventing me using infuse pro

Just an update - tried this on 5.8 - problem still remains, lip-sync gets worse after each subsequent Plex removed commercial

Sorry, this is still on our radar, but no changes related to this were included in 5.8.

Quick update.

We’re working on a few major changes which will allow us to handle videos with inconsistent audio timestamps (IE edited out commercials) much better.

These changes should be available soon in the upcoming 5.8.2 build.

Thanks for your patience. :slight_smile:

We have a number of improvements aimed at addressing cases like this which are currently in beta testing for the 5.8.4 update.

If you are interested in trying out the beta before the public release please let me know.

Infuse 5.8.4 with a number of improvements for DVR recordings and other files with inconsistent audio timestamps is now available.

Let us know how it goes. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.