Audio problem while using audioforward over airplay

Hi there,

let me post my audio setup first :slight_smile:
Audio:
WD-NAS —smb—> atv4 —airplay—> atv3 —dts-decoder—> amplifier
Video:
WD-NAS —smb—> atv4 —hdmi—> Beamer

Problem while using infuse:

When I try to watch a video, the spinning weel appears, but nothing happens.
When I choose atv4 as the audio-interface, the videos start immediately.
Under Plesk, the above setup works well.
Is there a known bug with airplay-audio-setups?

My first impression of infusse was much better than plesk, unfortunately I can’t use it at the moment :confused:

I’m having a similar issue: AirPlay audio out from ATV4 whilst using infuse works for some files but many fail to load. Returning to hdmi audio out the same files play fine.

The problem still exists in 4.0.1.
Would be nice if somebody can confirm this bug.
Atm infuse pro isn’t useable with airplay audio-setup :frowning:

I also have the same issue. ATV sends audio to Airport Express with speakers connected, but I cannot play any files in Infuse Pro unless I switch the audio output back to the ATV (i.e. TV speakers). No issues with any other apps etc.
This is a huge deal breaker for me, as I assume such functionality to be pretty standard for any Apple device and more than a given for a ‘Pro’ app. Cannot understand how such a bug could pass QA. Would like to see this fixed in 4.0.2 update ASAP.

Posting a me-too to try to highlight this. My other thread with additional info: http://firecore.com/forum/topic/13876

This isn’t just an audio problem, InFuse staff, it’s a complete showstopper and means that anyone with a similar setup can’t watch any movies. We paid a significant sum for this app, so can we please have a response?

I’d ask that everyone on this thread please log a formal support call to being their attention to it. I did, I had a one-line reply and then the call seemingly disappeared. But I think we should try.

same issue… nice, just bought pro and can’t use it…

I am having the same problem. An official response would be appreciated!

+1 looking for an official response. Its now been over a week since I purchased Pro version. This is a showstopper!

+1 looking for an official response. Its now been over a week since I purchased Pro version. This is a showstopper!

I also have the same problem. I bypassed it by using blutooth on my reiciver :slight_smile: