I recently purchased a Tethered Bood ATV2 that had been jailbroken, then loaded with XBMC and apps etc. I have been uable to get the machine to boot correct. Seller has offered help or a refund (so that is good).
I was instructed on how to Tether Boot the device and all I get at the end is a graphic instructing me to connect a usb cable to itunes.
Here is my flow:
Windows Vista Premium PC
- Downloaded the latest version of SeasOnpass and unzipped; shortcut on desktop.
- Open SeasOnpass. Create IPSW Icon is active, Tethered Boot Icon is inactive and can not be accessed.
- Connect aTV via USB cable only (no power). aTV light flashes rapidly
- Right click Create IPSW and click on each software choice until I no longer get "this software is compatible with device" message. Think it is 5.2.1
- Wait while SeasOnPass downloades software (about 30min) then creates IPSW, compresses files etc
- Click CANCEL, when prompted to connect aTV usb and power cable.
- Clicked Tethered Boot
- Connected USB and Power Cable
- Flashing light on aTV
- Pressed and held menu/pause buttons for ~7 seconds, until aTV light stopped flashing
- Software recognized DFU mode
- Software uploaded files to the aTV
- Went into Boot mode
- Prompted to remove USB and connect HDMI
I DID NOT REMOVE POWER- ONLY USB
- Switched my TV to PC input
- ONLY graphic I get is an image directing me to connect a usb cable to iTunes. NOTHING ELSE
I repeated this process 4 times.
What did I do wrong?
Is iTunes needed for the this process ? If so, which version and at what point in the process do I open iTunes ?
Very frustrated !!!
Thanks in advance.