aTV movie controll over remote.app

Hello, first sorry for my bad english.

I use my apple tv with the newest flash and I would like to control my aTV with my iPod touch using remote.app.
Is this possible? i have my movies on an external drive and play them always over Nito etc…

Help would be great.
Georg

It works.

Thanks,
but how? Can I also control the new aTV Flash functions?

It does .??? How did you get this to work, all I can do is control aTV default applications, switching to aTVFlash addons crashes aTV…
Updating to the latest and greatest didn’t solve this issue.

hm, mine worked out of the box. But I had to switch to atvusb a while ago because the year I paid for atvflash ran out. I don´t think atvflash is fundamentally different in what it does. Nito officially supports gestures in its latest release. What is it exactly remote.app isn´t doing? There is not so much it does for me to begin with. scrolling, clicking, back (menu), scrobbling & chapters/subs/languages is what I use in nito. When does it crash? Maybe I´m not understanding your problem the right way :?
cheers
winmann

On the tin it says Remote.app let’s you scroll through aTV menu’s.
In my setup (latest remote.app on iPhone 3.0 and aTVFlash 3.6.3) it lets me scroll through aTV default menu’s i.e Music/photo’s/Podcast etc. As soon as I scroll to non-default items such as Nito or Media , finder crashes (yellow exclamation mark).
Haven’t found a workaround yet or found a "working’’ guide on this forum.

regards,

Thanks, i will test it when my touch arrives.

Is it possible to install Remote Buddy to get acces over the Apple TV?

@verbal:
that´s odd! Maybe it is the atv distribution after all. I would like to hear from other users about this. It definitley is a no-brainer on my system.
cheers
winmann

On the tin it says Remote.app let’s you scroll through aTV menu’s.
In my setup (latest remote.app on iPhone 3.0 and aTVFlash 3.6.3) it lets me scroll through aTV default menu’s i.e Music/photo’s/Podcast etc. As soon as I scroll to non-default items such as Nito or Media , finder crashes (yellow exclamation mark).
Haven’t found a workaround yet or found a "working’’ guide on this forum.

regards,[/quote]
Can you confirm the version of aTV Flash that appears in Maintenance > About. You may check and see if any updates are available through the Maintenance > Manage Plugins menu.

Can you confirm the version of aTV Flash that appears in Maintenance > About. You may check and see if any updates are available through the Maintenance > Manage Plugins menu.[/quote]

Hi, Thanks for your reply, I’m on 3.6.3 (updated clean after factory restore, Apple update to 2.4 and then applied patch)
Remote.app is latest from app store.
To give you an example, I can scroll through all items on the main screen, I can select ‘Media’ , it lets me select Saphire but scrolling down to any item in the Saphire menu crashes finder, this happens to all 2nd level menu items.
If it should work out of the box than the only thing left is reinstall from scratch (again) :expressionless:

regards,

Unfortunately the current version of Sapphire is not yet compatible with the Apple ‘Remote’ app. Other plugins (nitoTV, Files, Maintenance etc) are compatible.

Ok, thanks, now I know it’s not me, let’s hope for support soon.

Same case is with my Atv too. Normal Atv menu’s work with Remote.app however, moment you use for Sapphire, Nito or other menu’s it crashes. I have the latest version of Atv flash and remote.app.

The current version of nitoTV does support the iPhone Remote app. You may want to check to see if an update is available through the Maintenance > Manage Plugins menu.