I updated the ATV software to v3.0 and tried to install v4.0 of ATVflash. ATV restarts everytime in normal mode and atvFlash does not install…
Same here. I re-formatted, re-partitioned and downloaded and re-installed the USB 3 times. Inserting it into the AppleTV, rebooting gave me the ATVFlash logo and installer script and shell, but it didn’t upgrade. I’m still on V2.4.
Won’t install here either. Don’t know why it won’t boot from USB, I’ve Updated to 3.0 and got the email to upgrade to 4.0 which I stupidly did and now It does not want to install the new ATVFLASH. The Apple TV just boots up as normal.
Starting to wonder if it’s the Flash drive causing it. As other people are using it and no one has said they can’t load it up.
This was posted in another thread…hopefully it helps.
The process for updating the AppleTV to 3.0, and installing aTV Flash 4.0 is as follows:
- Remove all copies of aTV Flash (folders, files, everything) from your computer.
- Download a fresh copy here: https://www.atvflash.com/account.php
- Format the flash drive to be used as described here: http://wiki.atvflash.com/index.php?title=Reformat_Flash_Drive
- Update AppleTV to 3.0 through Settings > General menu. (Note: Updates may need to be enabled through the Maintenance > Settings menu.)
- Install aTV Flash as before. The current 4.0 version will be installed, and will overwrite the outdated version that is on the AppleTV.