ATV Flash & Readynas

Hi,

I just installed ATV Flash but I can’t seem to mount my Readynas to stream video & music to the ATV.

I searched around and found a similar thread here about 3.2.2 does not support readynas. Am I reading this right or is there a way to stream video & music to the ATV. I am a newbie so my knowledge is very limited. Thanks in advance if someone could point me the right way.

Volvoholic

Hello,
Sorry I can’t help yet, but I am also looking for a way to stream from my ReadyNAS NV+ to an Apple TV.
I have my iTunes and iPhoto libraries on the ReadyNAS and want to run an Apple TV without having iTunes running on another computer.
I don’t mean just access video files, but the full features of the Apple TV.

Anyone know what to do?

Thanks,
–sdm.

Thats because the streaming plug in Media cloud (Servers) is missing in 3.3.3…

3.3.2 had it, and it streamed perfectly over my local wireless network.
I know a lot of this is beyond the control of the ATV Flash suppliers, but is it possible to keep or install an older plug in, when these periodically go missing in ATV Flash updates???

Hi kerriskandlesinc.

Are you saying an with ATV Flash 3.3.2 and Media Cloud, an Apple TV can connect to my ReadyNAS and:

run Apple TV without having iTunes running on another computer.
I don’t mean just access video files, but the full features of the Apple TV.
?

Thanks, sdm.

No…my bad, i don’t think Apple TV WILL run without Itunes on a networked computer…so maybe having the Itunes library on the NAS is not enough…???

You can follow the SMB setup guide at:

http://wiki.atvflash.com/index.php?title=NitoTV_Smart_Installer