aTV Flash Installation failed

I bought ATV Flash Beta and tried to install it. The installation seemed to work ok until I ended up getting this message "Sorry, the installer could not connect to your AppleTV. Help!" Just before I received that message the installer saw my Apple TV with its IP number.

I am just wondering if jailbreaking with Season Pass worked or not. How do I know it did? I know my Apple TV was visible in an iTunes window after the installation.

What should I do now to successfully install ATV Flash. I am running Mac OS X 10.6.6

Thanks

I am having the same issue.  Another issue that I am having is that I do not see my computer that I have iTunes installed even thought I have home sharing turned on and and Airplay tuend on Apple TV and Homesharing turned on my PC.  USing windows 7 64 bit..

Im having the same issue. Anyone resolve this? Im connecting via WFI 5 ghz network

Im having the same issue. I have home sharing turned on and and Airplay turned on Apple TV and Homesharing turned on my mac. I completely followed http://support.firecore.com/entries/346673-installing-atv-flash-black - I dont get it???

To ensure the jailbreak was successful you can try connecting via SFTP by following the guide here. If you're not able to connect you may need to re-jailbreak.

My status is:

Jail break worked.

Can't install AV flash because it cannot find the apple tv.

I can connect thru sftp.

How do I install xbmc now?

jailbreak done, but when i Loading ATVflash it could not find my Apple TV 2G.

Sorry, no Apple TV devices could be found. Pleae ensure your AppleTV is powered on, and connected to the network with Airplay enabled.

please help.

Thanks

[quote="quangn.3190"]

jailbreak done, but when i Loading ATVflash it could not find my Apple TV 2G.

Sorry, no Apple TV devices could be found. Pleae ensure your AppleTV is powered on, and connected to the network with Airplay enabled.

please help.

Thanks

[/quote]

same exact issue. someone help

after update to Apple TV black 4.2.1. Apple TV was black reset. I can not get ATV Flash (black) to transfer data. jailbreak seems to have gone well. please help

I am having the same problem.  Jailbreak seemed to work fine and when I tried to install ATV Flash Black I get "Installation Failed - Sorry, the installer could not connect to your AppleTV"  Any suggestions?

i'm having the same problem. Up until 'Select Apple TV' in install 'ATV Flash Black' all goes well. The install program sees the correct IP adress of my Apple TV, but after that i get the message installation failed. What could the problem be? I'm connecting through wi fi on my time capsule. Please help!

I have the exact same problem - that is, when it comes to selecting the Apple TV from the menu (during which the installer correctly display the IP address of my ATV 2g), and when I hit next, it says that it is transferring files. But then I get the error saying that "Installation failed" and "Sorry, the installer could not connect to your Apple TV."

I have even tried connecting the ATV directly to my MBP through an Ethernet cable, but I get the same error. Definitely a bug with the installer. A shame because I just bought a lifetime subscription and it's my first use, and it's NOT working!!

Hi iBest58, I did the exact same thing (even connected through ethernet), did not work. And also bought the lifetime subscription. A very big fail!!

Yep. Same problem...

I even tried to contact support, but at the time when I hit 'Submit', the website says that "the page i'm looking is not available"!! Go figure!

anybody solved the problem - jailbroken went fine, but when I install it says "Sorry, Installer could not install the Maintenance Error 8.100"

i got it working by logging on to the apple tv using ssh

then did :

apt-get install com.firecore.maintenance

followed by:

killall AppleTV

I have Plex and NitoTV installed if that helps anyone.

Thanks, shaunk. I had the same exact problem installing aTV Flash on 4.2.1. That worked for me as well.

Thank you for this. But where do you find the Plex installation software?

yup that worked... but you'd THINK we wouldn't have to go through this extra step... or atleast let people know that they might have to.

i vote you put this fix up on its own post!!!