ATV Flash (black) Beta on 4.2

Hi Guys,

First of all, AWESOME NEWS! I was delighted to find your email about the beta availability in my email this morning.

Shortly after, i was browsing my twitter stream and discovered this article, which describes how to jailbreak the new 4.2 firmware:

http://ow.ly/3iBPR 

If i jailbreak my ATV using the above method on 4.2, is it possible to use the ATVFlash beta?

Or will i f#ck things up? :-)

Thanks and best regards,

Ralph

i do not recommend jailbreaking using that. it is tethered. meaning if your aTV shuts off, you will need to plug into your mac and run the JB software again to reboot it. plus firecore is not compatible with 4.2.1. my suggestion is be patient and wait.

Yah, I would avoid for a little longer. The tether issue is a pain and probably make you more frustrated than happy… But if your good with a laptop next to the atv2 it’s doable.

FYI - The current beta is not yet compatible with the 4.1 (iOS 4.2.1) AppleTV software. Installing on the new software (if using a tethered jailbreak) won't break anything, but you will not see any of the aTV Flash (black) menus. A 4.1 compatible version will be available soon.

>Installing on the new software (if using a tethered jailbreak) won't break anything, but you will not see any of the aTV Flash (black) menus.

Unfortunately that's not 100% true. Trying to install the Beta on a jailbreaked 4.1 (4.2.1) ended up in a black screen without any signal. The ATV seems to be alive, at least ssh is still working. Any chance / idea to revert the changes?

Thanks,

G

Your best option will be to install beta 2 - this will ensure all apps/plugins are up-to-date which should resolve any issues you are seeing. Sorry for the trouble.