So I had every intention of picking up a black atv and picked up both versions of atv flash a few months ago but only had everything working on the original (I never got around to getting the black till now :)
So it's finally here. My feedback:
- I know there's a difference in meaning between "tethered" and "requires a usb cable to install" but i'm really not sure what it is. i had to pick up a micro-usb cable (apparently i only had _mini_ usb cables lying around. who knew? $1.00 from monoprice though, so no worries) That being said, once I did have the right cable I was jailbroken and installed in about 15 minutes
- It would REALLY help if seas0npass would say "press for 7 seconds AFTER it starts flashing repeatedly". sure, i got it going. eventually. after searching this website. frustration for no reas0n!
- I can't find anywhere that gives "current status" info of the vairous pieces of software. I know it's "beta" but what is working and what isn't?
- I currently have all my DVDs in a "media" share in folder structure DVD\genre\title\video_ts and with this structure I can play files PERFECTLY with nito tv on the silver apple tv, but i can't for the life of me figure out how to get xbmc to PLAY the video_ts folder instead of BROWSING it. With the black atv, i see get the same behavior in xbmc, but nitotv doesn't play dvds. Oh well, I'll use the firecore "media" app instead: bing, bing, yay! it plays! in 4:3! WTF? sorry, but as much as i like the media app's interface, I can't configure it AT ALL. is there something i can do, some plist i can edit or something, to make it use the full 16:9 screen?
- That's about it really: the software works, I think, with some limitations (it's a beta!) but the big problem (as i see it) is that it's really hard to set expectations: what will it be like when i go to use it?????