ATV 2 with 4.4.2

Hi guys, I apologize in advance if this has already been answered, I did a quick search and don’t think I’m finding what I’m looking for.

I have an atv2 with software version 4.4.2. As far as I know there is only a tethered jail real available for this version. Is there a way to update my atv2 to another software that has an untethered jailbreak available, like 4.4.4 or newer. I obviously don’t want to just update it through apple as it will give me the newest software available that does not have a jailbreak, right?

Thanks in advance.

Download seaonpass and run it, it will update to 5.0.2 iOS 5.1.1 which is the latest untethered jailbroken version.

You need to use itunes 11 (most recent one) to jailbreak but if you use seasonpass it will install 5.1.1 and jailbreak it for you.

So regardless of what software version is currently installed on the atv, the newest version of season pass will install the most recent jailbreakable software version?

Dave just told you what you had to do,then you write back asking the same question? come on what gives?

if you would have taken 5 seconds and read the post right below your u would have had your answer already.

He did read it and he was just clarifying it.  What was the point in your comment?  Menstruating or basking in non-existent self-importance?

Thats correct, seasonpass only downloads 5.0.2 and no higher, so its quite safe to use.

Thank you, I didn’t think it was a big deal to clarify what Dave was saying.

Dave, thanks for the responses. Another question, I’ve heard that 4.4.4 is the most stable jailbreak, is this true? If I right click on the IPSW and select the 4.4.4 jailbreak would that be enough to just install that version?

No, 5.0.2 is the most recent, ive not seen any difference in stability in either.

Seriously as Ive said, just jailbreak via seasonpass, you cant go wrong with it, its the latest version, there’s no point even thinking about older versions of the ipsw when 5.0.2 is most recent and best

Ok great, i’ll give it a shot. Thanks again Dave.

I have noticed may pre 5.0 apple tvs to have issues with XBMC running. they consistently restart or freeze and need restarting. 5.0.2 is stable and will be the only untethered option for a while, especially once apple stops signing. then you are back to a tethered 6 and you will remain one of the unlucky that do not take advise.  

Thanks for the info, i’ll have to do it ASAP and tell my friends who are running 4.4.4 to update theirs to the newest jailbreak.