ATV 2 - iTunes Plug In Logo

Please Help! I recently had a tethered jailbroken apple tv 2. Can’t remember the version it was running, I believe just before it went to untethered…

I was using windows to reboot everytime I lost power… My windows machine became so infected with viruses I couldn’t use again… lost power. So I decided to restore to factory settings and start this process again on my MAC 10.10.4 Yosemite . I have firmware 6.2.1…

I downloaded the newest seas0n pass, I updated itunes and ran seas0n pass… everything seemed to run fine, but when I plugged into HDMI nothing came up and the light just continued to blink. I re-set to factory settings again, and tried again… this time again the process seem to work without an error, but when I plug into the HDMI it shows me an apple itunes logo with a cord plugging into it… I have tried the seas0n pass process both tethered and untethered.

A HUGE thank you to anyone that can help me.

Hi, Benrschmidt.

This is an on-going for many users right now. I’m currently in the process of restoring and re-jailbreaking somebody’s Apple TV 2, and I’m having difficulty myself.
This could be an issue with iTunes, but I’m as clueless as anyone on why this is happening. Hopefully it will be sorted soon!

In the meantime, try:
a) Plugging a power cable in as well as the USB when restoring via Seas0nPass.
b) Downgrading iTunes (possibly to 10.5).
c) Using TinyUmbrella to kick your Apple TV 2 out of recovery mode when seeing the iTunes logo.

I am yet to try these myself, but I’m away from my desk at the moment.
Hope these help! :slight_smile:

Hi, Benrschmidt.

This is an on-going for many users right now. I’m currently in the process of restoring and re-jailbreaking somebody’s Apple TV 2, and I’m having difficulty myself.
This could be an issue with iTunes, but I’m as clueless as anyone on why this is happening. Hopefully it will be sorted soon!

In the meantime, try:
a) Plugging a power cable in as well as the USB when restoring via Seas0nPass.
b) Downgrading iTunes (possibly to 10.5).
c) Using TinyUmbrella to kick your Apple TV 2 out of recovery mode when seeing the iTunes logo.

I am yet to try these myself, but I’m away from my desk at the moment.
Hope these help! :slight_smile: