ATV 2.1 Couch Surfer: No quicktime movies

I followed the instruction to enable QT and Flash (QT plugins, CoreAudioKit). Flash is OK now (no more dice) but I can’t play QT movies: each time I get the QT logo with the question mark :cry: . Please help!

Good luck! I’ve been trying to get Flash working since Nov. 10.

Now they just ignore me.

I am having the same problem with Quicktime - even though the aTV Flash says it is installed. I found out that I have installed the Leopard version of CoreAudioKit.framework and not the Tiger version. Will this cause Quicktime not to work too?

I have ugraded to ATV 2.3 and aTV Flash 3.4.2. Still no joy :x : QT Movies can’t play in Couch Surfer (shows die now!) though flash still works… (yes, catinhat114 you need a Tiger version of the CoreAudioKit.framework)

Could be something wrong with the Quicktime plugin.plugin (from leopard) that can’t load, after the console log:

[i]2008-12-09 23:11:48.164 Finder[216] CFLog (21): Error loading /Library/Internet Plug-Ins/QuickTime Plugin.plugin/Contents/MacOS/QuickTime Plugin: error code 4, error number 0 (Symbol not found: ___stack_chk_guard

Referenced from: /Library/Internet Plug-Ins/QuickTime Plugin.plugin/Contents/MacOS/QuickTime Plugin

Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
[/i]
Any console expert advice?

Thanks in advance.

I am having difficulty with Quicktime as well. It will not even install on my Apple TV. Flash is fine, but Quicktime “freezes” while installing and will then ask me what language I want to use, then restart. I’ve done this six times now.

Did anyone else have problems installing Quicktime? Or is there a magic trick I need to know? I just got aTV Flash this evening and am trying to set everything up.

Thanks.

Still the same here (Flash OK, but no QT)

Can someone using Couch Surfer, and able to see QT Movies in Couch Surfer (let’s say a video on the Apple site), explain which plugin and where to put it?

Well, as I was fed up with looking for a solution for ages, I finally contacted Couch Surfer’s developer, Brandon Holland. Here’s the answer:

[i]I don’t think Quicktime video plugins have ever worked in CouchSurfer. I’ve tried it once a while back and didn’t have any luck. I will take a look at it and maybe have a fix for it sometime in the future.

Cheers,

Brandon M. Holland[/i]

Too Bad! Let’s hope that one day… :wink: