Artwork poster does not change

Hi, i have since months the issue that a cover does not change, when i set the metadate manually.

I go to edit metadata, search for the correct movie and when i select the right movie, the cover image is still the wrong (old).

I use infuse in german but even if i change the metadata language to english the poster does not change. Selecting any other metadata does also no change.

Can you provide the name of the show that you are having this problem with?

Sure, it’s the movie “Up” (2009).

Could you post a pic of what you’re seeing?

Infuse gets the metadata and artwork for movies from TMDB and you can see the posters available for this movie here.

Yes, I know. But it doesn’t work, because it always shows the wrong cover, even if I set the metadata language to English and the metadata of the movie to “Up”, the cover is not updated and it still remains the old cover.

Do you have the ‘Embedded Metadata’ option enabled in Settings > General?

No that option is not active.

Was it ever enabled? If so, you will need to use the Edit option in Infuse to refresh metadata/artwork after disabling it.

Can you also check to see if there are any image files around the actual video file?

Can you also post the exact filename you are using, along with a screen capture of what you are seeing when using the Edit option in Infuse?

FWIW, it doesn’t look like TMDb has that poster listed for any language, so I’m not sure where it’s coming from.

Thanks a lot, now i solved the problem. I had an image file in the folder where the video file is, and that’s what Infuse was using. I didn’t realize Infuse automatically uses such image files when it has a specific file name.

Thank you and sorry for the trouble.

2 Likes