Artwork Dimensions

Yes, I am a bit of a perfectionist. Yes this has caused me grief in the past. Here is my question. I’m using Infuse on AppleTV with the latest iOS. The server is an M1 Mac also running the current MacOS. I just mention this because my problem might be hardware specific. I’m running about a dozen hard drives to host movies, TV shows and home movies. Each hard drive has a folder called "hard_drive_name_(Media). I’m trying to make custom artwork for each of these folders, each with it’s own color. My problem is, the dimensions just refuse to conform. I was using 1920x1080 as Firecore suggests. But the dimensions don’t quite match. I made a test picture with the size 1808x936, because I was told that was the exact size. But it isn’t. I made artwork with a border around the edges to see if it conforms, but it doesn’t. And no matter what I do with the size, either the left and right, or top and bottom disappear. Bigger or smaller, Infuse and AppleTV try to expand the artwork to fit into the area required, but I just can’t seem to make it fit exactly, so the artwork never fits quite the way I’m looking for. I would think that at 1808x936, it would just fit correctly and not have to shrink or expand. But they don’t. I’ve never had this kind of problem before. I’m not sure, but I don’t even think Infuse caused me this kind of headache in version five or six (though I could be wrong about that). I know, mountain out of molehill. But if anybody has a suggestion I would appreciate it. My family thinks I’m crazy for spending so much time on this silliness. But they have watched this kind of issue drive me crazy before. Thank you for your time, I apologize for wasting yours. But I’d love to be able to solve this little problem before it drives me completely around the bend. Thanks in advance.

1 Like

When you create the artwork for what you want to see on the Apple TV are you actually running Infuse on the Apple TV to check or are you using the Mac version of Infuse on the Mac to see if it’s what you want since I’m guessing you’re using the Mac to create it?