around and around in circles

“Smart Installer with a 1.0 recovery dmg in ~/Documents will fix this issue”
where and how do I get this from I only bought this new apple tv to play video_ts files off my hard drive, and the atv flash didnt come up ‘install successful’ gave me some “This software is copyright 2008 Turbo (Mike Byrne) and MAY NOT be distributed.
All rights reserved.
Contact turbo@0xfeedbeef.com for more information”
now it seems everytime I want to do something I am missing some important components for AFP???
I just do search after search after search, if only it was as easy as the demo video?? :cry:

By default the AppleTV will attempt to connect via the AFP protocol, however most newer AppleTV units will not support this protocol. The SMB protocol can be used in its place by setting up a ‘Manual Share Point’. We have a guide for setting this up at the link below.

http://wiki.atvflash.com/index.php?title=Network_Streaming

If you’re having trouble setting up the share point, let us know and we can help walk you through it.

I tried this and did not have success, however I re installed ATVflash and it gave me a successful message this time :smiley: I will try setting up the share point again, I have 3 manual share points installed that do not work, is there a way of deleting or getting rid of them?

Thank you for your response, it is greatly appreciated. I tend to get a bit impatient and overwhelmed by this sort of thing. :geek:

Yes, the save share points can be removed through the nitoTV --> Network menu. Simply highlight the share you wish to remove, press the right arrow (>>) button to bring up the view/edit menu and the removal option will be near the bottom of the list.

Thanks Max! share points deleted ok. I tried setting up a share point again and got this message
Network Mount Failed!

mount_smbfs: can’t get server address
'M*** B*****‘s Computer’:
Unknown host
mount_smbfs: can’t get server address:
syserr = Network is down

(Sorry I used *****'s to obscure my name)

Network is fine as the internet works so I am tipping that I am getting my computers name wrong? I am running a powermac G5 2.5 Quadcore OSX 10.5.8

I have tried using the computers ip adress 192.**** as well and get this message
network mount failed
mount_smbfs(420) malloc:***vm_alocate(size+3221221376) failed (error code=3) cant allocate region set a breakpoint in szone blah blah. (too much to type in)

I am really having trouble with this now

I have got the 1.0 dmg now what do I do with it???

I’m pretty sure this is the part where you wait a long time for the response that won’t be coming and then have to figure it out yourself…hopefully the slow /nonexistant support lately means they are working on something good?

I wish I had have seen this forum before buying the plucking thing, great flash video on the website… must have been for another product?

:o SUCCESS, :o there was an update in Maintenance/Settings/ Nito Installer Update
Still can’t connect through Nito/ Network it still gives me all the errors?
However I found my the video_ts files I have stored on the networked computer under Nito/Files in there are all my movies I transfered through cyber duck along with my now ‘networked’ Macintosh HD :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Just need to work out why playback is jittery or sound is jittery and the aspect ration is all wrong :roll: :?

[quote="buster gonad"] :o SUCCESS, :o there was an update in [i]Maintenance/Settings/ Nito Installer Update[/i] Still can't connect through [i]Nito/ Network[/i] it still gives me all the errors? However I found my the video_ts files I have stored on the networked computer under [i]Nito/Files[/i] in there are all my movies I transfered through cyber duck along with my now 'networked' Macintosh HD :D :D :D Just need to work out why playback is jittery or sound is jittery and the aspect ration is all wrong :roll: :? [/quote]

What resolution is your AppleTV set to?  DVD files are best played back with the AppleTV set to 720p or 1080p (Settings --> Audo/Video --> TV Resolution).

1080i I dont have a 1080p option, it is a 50" panasonic full hd

The 1080i issues is being address...720p is also a good option if your TV supports it.