Application Renaming in Menu

I totally agree with this.

I’d also like the ability to remove some of the new menu additions that I don’t need or use to keep the menu less cluttered.

I definitely second that.

[quote="“raymo03"”]

I definitely second that.[/quote]

Keep an eye out for the new version coming later this week. :slight_smile:

We’re thinking of renaming the menu items for an upcoming version, if you had a choice, what would the menu names be?

Currently:

Couch Surfer
Files
Jaman Movies
MediaCloud
nitoTV
Sapphire

Could be:

Web Browser
Files
Jaman Movies
Media Servers
My DVD’s
My Media

Any input would be appreciated.

We’re thinking of renaming the menu items for an upcoming version, if you had a choice, what would the menu names be?

Currently:

Couch Surfer
Files
Jaman Movies
MediaCloud
nitoTV
Sapphire

Could be:

Web Browser
Files
Jaman Movies
Media Servers
My DVD’s
My Media

Any input would be appreciated.[/quote]

I would prefer something like the could be version, more clean.

I’m happy to see that you are considering these changes. I like your suggested changes. The only one I’m not sure about is Sapphire. I haven’t used it, but it sounds like it is an app to update your existing media with details from IMDB. If so, maybe it should be named something like “Media Organizer” or something similar. Just a thought.

Even better because it is alliterative - Media Manager

Hi!

I think whatever you go for, you should be consequent.
Also user being able to rename the default names easily.

Either the names of the apps only or with media names out written not as written logotypes.
Also like short: Internet, DVD, Music, Movies, Rent, Photos, Storages, etc.
Having “My” before will be to repetitive in my point of view.

People learn fast about a word and its function.
But I guess decribing the function is smarter than using the application name in this type of menue.
I think in this case you go for a function/to do… not important which app that solves it, thats second priority.
Example: You want to Surf. You want to Rent. Works as long you have installed only one app to rent movies online with and one app to surf with.
I think “functional” names is better more smarter as user experience… But it depends what you have installed if you can build a menue tree…

Or else go iPhone, like you started with “application names”.
I think most of the kids wont install alot of apps, then functions as mentioned is the way to roll… Good for wifes :lol:

/Bap.

So currently we are thinking:

New Name - (Old Name)
Internet - (Couch Surfer)
Media - (Sapphire)
DVD - (nitoTV)
Jaman - (Jaman Movies)
Servers - (Media Cloud)
Files - (Files)

Awsome!

/bApplesin

I use Sapphire a lot, although it can be a pain in the butt. but one feature I would like to see is when you click on the link for Sapphire that you saw the names displayed on the right, TV shows, Movies, instead of having to click Sapphire and then seeing the names TV Shows and Movies, something like how Apple have already organized their Movies and TV show menus.

Has there been any changes to this issue in the new atvFlash 3.3 version?

I would like to know how to remove menu items all together. For my needs I really don’t care about Jaman and Couch Surfer. I think the conept of Couch Surfer is awesome, but with the lack of Flash plugins (and it seems to be a difficult task to add this support) I have no real use for it. So being able to remove those menus altogether, if I choose, would be great and would allow me to keep my menus clean and free of misc. options I don’t need.

I also would like to know how to rename menu items entirely or change the navigation structure if this is even possible. I think having to go to Media --> then Sapphire is a wasted click since it is the only application listed in Media.

Any thoughts on this?

Mixxer wrote a tutorial regarding the removal of unwanted menu items. This is geared more towards the removal of some of the standard Apple TV menu items. This guide can be seen here:
http://forum.atvflash.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=360

If you want to remove any of the menu items added from aTV Flash it is quite simple. During the flash drive installation you have a choice of which plugins to install. This also works to remove plugins as well.

Say when you initially install aTV Flash, you selected Couch Surfer, but now you don’t want it. Simply recreate the flash drive with Couch Surfer unchecked, re-install onto the Apple TV, and voila Couch Surfer will be removed. Same process would apply to any other plugins you want to remove.