AppleTV won't sync

I had ATV 2.4 and ATVFlash 3.6.3 installed, and iTunes stopped syncing to the ATV sometime in August. iTunes was just hanging at at “syncing AppleTV” bar, it wasn’t even copying the files…
So I tried to fix it with a factory restore, brought the aTV up to 2.4, then installed ATVFlash, ran smart installer, pointed /mnt/Media to my external drive. Lo and behold, it still won’t sync! I did notice that at one point, after I had factory restored, I had to register the AppleTV with the iStore, at that point it actually started to sync (copying files), but I stopped it because I still had not installed aTVFlash. Is there something in 3.6.3 that might have broken syncing?

Any ideas? It had been broken before iTunes 9, and bringing iTunes up to 9 didn’t fix it. Is iTunes the problem? Maybe a bad library? I’ve set the sync to copy only photos, it still won’t work :frowning: I’ve considered removing and re-installing iTunes…

Thanks in advance for any help,
Fredo

I answered my own question, yay!

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2155102&tstart=0

I just deleted the iPod Photo cache from My Pictures. It must have been corrupted. I wish I had learned that before I re-installed everything, but a fresh install makes me feel better anyway…

I also wanted to point out that right now the aTV is booting very quickly. Not sure if it’s an improvement in aTV Flash 3.6.3, but it boots in about 1 minutes, whereas before it was taking 5-8 minutes…