AppleTV Syncing Options NOT Available in iTunes

I don’t know if this has anything to do with the aTVFlash or not, but my AppleTV has never had any syncing options in iTunes. When I select AppleTV in the iTunes Device list, I only see two tabs (Summary & Photos) and my account is an administrative one. Interestingly, the aTVFlashed AppleTV I bought for my parents does display correctly in my mother’s admin account, but my father’s admin account looks like mine. They are using an Intel iMac and I am using a Mac Pro. We are both running the latest Leopard and iTunes.

Any ideas on this one? I’d like to be able to sync some of my file to the AppleTV’s HD.

Thank you!

Well the AppleTV only syncs to one iTunes account. Even if you have two users on the same computer it can only sync one of their iTunes accounts. The way to set up a sync’d computer to the AppleTV you have to go to: Settings > Computers > Add Synced iTunes. I’m not sure what the exact name of the last part was as I already have my iTunes synced, but that should fix your syncing issues.

Now I get it. One of the choices streams and one syncs! Duh, I’m sorry for not reading more carefully. I was quick to assume that one passcode did both.

Many thanks for the response!

Jim