AppleTV reboots every 60 sec. after install of aTV 3.0

Yes, 3.0 has the same issue as 2.2. Fix is coming in new version later this week.

Fix is coming in new version later this week.

So should I hold off on creating a patchstick until you release the update?

Binky

This bug does not affect all users. Only those with certain networking devices on their network that are causing a conflict.

“Fix is coming in new version later this week.”

Tomorrow Friday?

Cool!

/bApp

[quote="“applecorellc”"]

This bug does not affect all users. Only those with certain networking devices on their network that are causing a conflict.[/quote]

What are the “certain networking devices”?

TDF

We don’t have an exhaustive list, but some NAS devices, some routers, even PS3’s can cause issues with certain media server settings enabled.

We don’t have an exhaustive list, but some NAS devices, some routers, even PS3’s can cause issues with certain media server settings enabled.[/quote]

Well I have Synology NASs, Dlink router, and even a PS3 on my network so I guess I’ll be waiting on this update…

So how will we know the update is available?

Make sure you are signed up for our site newsletter. You can check your settings in the My Account section of our site.

I’ve only just bought the aTV Flash 3.0, and immediately started having this issue. I have the following network devices/attached devices:

Netgear DG834GV Router
DLink 16port gig switch (web managed)
Maxtor 1TB Network Hard Drive
Apple Time Capsule
Xbox 360
Playstation 3
MacBook Pro
MacBook
Windows Vista Desktop
HP C6180 Printer

On my MacBookPro I have Nullriver’s Connect360 and MediaLink running (although have tried with them disabled). Also the PS3 and Xbox 360 are turned off whilst the Apple TV is on.

For the moment I have removed the MediaCloud bundle from the /stuff directory and rebuilt my aTV Flash USB stick (so it is not being installed) and this has stopped the reboots, however I of course no longer have UPnP support (which I’d like to use to access my WMV and Xvid files on the Maxtor drive).

Any idea when this will be fixed?

Thanks,
Shane.

Same problem here…ps3 is fucking it all up.

Update would be nice :slight_smile:

Well it’s now NEXT week, any better guess when the update will be out?

Well it’s now NEXT week, any better guess when the update will be out?[/quote]

I am crashing too :frowning: with the 3.0 version

Don’t worry, I’ve been waiting a month for the fix. Patient? No, not really. I’m rather angry.

Updated version is coming in 4 days on 7/8.

http://www.applecorellc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=76

Sorry for the delay.