AppleTV not syncing box.com library

Hi

I just bought infuse pro lifetime on my appletv just for this box.com cloud storage feature. I have unlimited box.com account and have setup my iOS devices with no issues.

iCloud is turned on both on appletv and iOS. All using same iCloud account. But appletv is not showing the library I see on my iOS devices.

Please help!!

Welcome to the forum!

Does the Box share appear on the Apple TV in Infuse > Settings > Shares? If so, you’ll want to add at least one favorite, and this will appear in the Library section on iOS and Apple TV. Infuse will then be able to index and scan files from Box, and include them in the Library.

The box shares is not appearing in Infuse > Settings > Shares.

It has been 2 days and it’s not appearing. My iOS device work fine but not appleTV. I bought this lifetime specifically for AppleTV

Can you please help? I am 100% sure my iCloud account is the same for my IOS and AppleTV

Please help

I found the issue and fixed this. It has absolutely nothing related to iCloud sync settings.

The issue is with infuse pro 5. I have got infuse pro 5 and infuse pro 6 in my iCloud data. Right after I deleted infuse pro 5 from my iCloud and manual favorite a folder from box.com. It synced perfectly.

You may want to put this into a knowledgebase so others will not have issue such as mine later on. There was some conflict I believe and iCloud synced the infuse pro 5 data instead of infuse pro 6 files over to appletv. That’s why the cloud storage doesn’t show up.

Now it works fine.

Thanks

Great to hear!

By chance, do you know if you are close to capacity on your iCloud storage space? We’re working to improve the messaging if iCloud storage space is low, as Infuse won’t be able to sync in this case.

No I have 2TB storage and I barely use more than 300gb. Not iCloud storage issue and I am 100% sure it’s due to infuse pro 5 and infuse pro 6 available at the same time in iCloud. After deleting pro 5, then it synced properly

Hmm, interesting.

If you have a chance, would you mind sending in a quick report from your Apple TV (Infuse > Settings > Submit Diagnostics) and post the 5 digit code here?