AppleTV fails to boot up

ATV Flash seems to be working fine except for one irritating issue. After placing AppleTV on “standby” it fails to boot up when the “stop/play” button is pressed. I would have to power down (unplug) and then power up, only then will AppleTV boot up. It this by design? If not, what should I do to restore the proper startup process?

Any ideas?

Tarakito

What resolution is your AppleTV currently set to?

It is set to 1080i.

I’m having same problem. Everthing is up to date. Resolution is set to 1080i, HDMI connection to Pioneer AV4308 receiver. LED on front of Apple TV is solid white and needs to be powered downed and restarted after a while. I have another Apple TV without ATV Flash installed connected in the same way and it works normally.

Hi, I am having exactly the same problem. After putting ATV in standby mode, it will not boot up, so a restart is always necessarry. Worked ok before I applied the aTV Flash. Is there a fix for this or should I just not bother putting standby as I understand it save a lot of energy anyway?

Hi, I am having exactly the same problem. After putting ATV in standby mode, it will not boot up, so a restart is always necessarry. Worked ok before I applied the aTV Flash. Is there a fix for this or should I just not bother putting in standby as I understand it doesn’t save a lot of energy anyway?

Try turning off the main apple tv screen saver. Mines off and will wake up ok from standby.