AppleTV 4.4 (9A334v) - Released 10/12/2011

Thanks.  Thought it might be.  Just wanted to check…

Thanks, it’s all well and good that season pass is in the works, what about the actual compatibility of media player with ios5?

Best Rregards,

Mitch

Lol, they work for money. And they are lame compared to jb communities that work for free. 

Why do they work for money, they don’t charge for the jailbreak do they errm No ! don’t be so ungrateful. If people had any sense they would disable updates on their atv then when an untethered jailbreak is released then update & jailbreak.

Yes they charge for atv flash but for me that makes the effort of loading sotware onto my apple tv easy so was well worth the money !

I proceeded with the update and now my Apple TV is stuck on the reboot screen (Apple Logo) with a blinking light. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

How are you connected - if via WiFi then this can happen as the update has probably lost the network settings.   If this the case, then the solution is to temporarily use a wired Ethernet until you can reset your settings.

Then you should be on jb communities with your bad self instead of being a tool on these boards. If you have a way to get a JB out sooner than the official release then by all means, please tell us where to go get it!

Thanks to the Firecore guys for everything you do. its very much appreciated by “most” of us. Keep up the great work!

You could also update via Micro USB connected to a PC and iTunes. Try to plug your Atv2 in via USB to your PC without the power cord hooked up to you ATV2. It should show up in your iTunes device list and you can restore it from there.

I did a restore and it worked. It would be great if we could have ATV Flash and the updates without having to do all this. Dreaming a bit I guess… Thanks everybody.

Why would you update when there is no jailbreak available yet ?

Just wanted to say thank you to Firecore, i know you guys will be working extreamly hard to get the seasonpass jailbreak working on the AppleTV2 with V4.4 (IOS5), and just wanted you all to know its really appreciated by us all.  Keep up the fantastic work, my apple TV2 would be nothing without ATV Flash (Black) and the Seasonpass Jailbreak. 

Just wanted to say thank you to Firecore, i know you guys will be working extreamly hard to get the seasonpass jailbreak working on the AppleTV2 with V4.4 (IOS5), and just wanted you all to know its really appreciated by us all.  Keep up the fantastic work, my apple TV2 would be nothing without ATV Flash (Black) and the Seasonpass Jailbreak. 

Is there some kind of estimated time of arrival, in like days/weeks/month?

I think what most here asking when it will be ready don’t realize is that, no untethered jailbreak has yet been released for any iOS 5 device.  Nobody has even officially announced having found a hack that would allow an untethered jailbreak.  It might be tomorrow, it might be next year, it might be never…  Period.  Currently, hackers are typing with bloody fingers attempting to figure it out, but as of yet, iPods, iPads, iPhones, and AppleTV’s are all in this position. 

So the rule of thumb is, and has always been, that you have to decide what is more important to you:  The new features provided by the OS update; or the hacks that you’re currently enjoying; then update or don’t, accordingly.

T

Exactly Tony.

Everyone needs to stop asking “when will it be out?! Why isn’t a JB released yet?!”… you have to just calm down and wait. Every single time a new update comes out, James or another mod will make a forum post about it. Then when they are getting close, someone will update the twitter. And once it’s been released, a blog post is put out. Just sit back and wait patiently for all this to happen, they are working as fast as they can. Stop asking when you can expect a jailbreak because they have no idea… it will be released when it’s released.

A “best guess” from myself and what I’ve gathered about iOS 5… is that the jailbreak will be within 1-3 weeks. I’d say certainly less than a month. But these are guesses! There is not, nor will there ever be, set release schedules for a jailbreaks. They come out ASAP… and sometimes ASAP means months.

Exactly.  And another thing, I don’t think a lot of people actually realize what a jailbreak is… A jailbreak is a hack that exploits a vulnerability found in the operating system.  So the first thing this entails is to find a weakness in the OS, then to figure out a repeatable way to exploit it.  Then finally, to write a program around this so that end users can just point and click, and viola, jailbreak.  It’s not cut and dry, and it’s just as much magic as it is technical ability. 

Understand that the folks that discover these weaknesses are hackers, not the bad kind, like the guy who’s trying to get your credit card info, but still considered a hacker.  Also, when weaknesses are found, Apple will release new updates that close those holes, starting the whole process all over again.  This is a cat and mouse game.

T

Blablubb, I am not ungrateful. Bad service is bad service, period. They are lame.

You’re not just ungrateful, you’re immature.

How is the service they provide here… bad service?! They provide a jailbreak as fast as they possibly can FREE OF CHARGE. That’s not bad service in any sense of the word.

Do NOT even try to say you are not ungrateful. You are completely ungrateful.

Joeignoramus, aside from trolling, explain why you think the service is bad, and what you think should be done to correct it?

There is a tethered jailbreak - http://www.redsn0w.us/2011/10/ios-5-can-be-jailbroken-using-redsnow.html