AppleTV version 4.4 (iOS 5.0 - 9A334v) was just released. Best to sit tight for the time being if you want to keep your jailbreak.
The full list of changes included in 4.4 is as follows:
- AirPlay Mirroring: Now with video mirroring – wirelessly stream what’s on your iPad 2 screen to your HDTV.
- Photo Stream: View photos recently taken on your iOS device and pushed to your Photo Stream in iCloud.
- Trailers: A whole new way to browse and view hundreds of the latest theatrical trailers.
- National Hockey League: Watch live games. View highlights, scores, and more.
- Wall Street Journal Live: Watch up-to-date news, business commentary, and financial analysis from leading experts.
Apple has also added support for subtitles in Netflix and three new slideshow themes: Photo Wall, Flip-up, and Shifting Tiles.
We'll update this space once more information is available.
Update 10/13: We have a tethered jailbreak working for the new 4.4 software, however there are a handful of AppleTV specific issues that need to be addressed before it becomes useable. A step in the right direction, but still more work to be done. Stay tuned.
Update 10/17: Apple has released AppleTV 4.4.1.
Update 10/18: Seas0nPass has been updated to support a tethered jailbreak of AppleTV 4.4 (and 4.4.1). More details here.
Update 10/26: Seas0nPass has been updated to support AppleTV 4.4.2 (still tethered). Details here.