AppleTV 4.4 (9A334v) - Released 10/12/2011

AppleTV version 4.4 (iOS 5.0 - 9A334v) was just released. Best to sit tight for the time being if you want to keep your jailbreak.

The full list of changes included in 4.4 is as follows:

• AirPlay Mirroring: Now with video mirroring – wirelessly stream what’s on your iPad 2 screen to your HDTV.
  • Photo Stream: View photos recently taken on your iOS device and pushed to your Photo Stream in iCloud.
  • Trailers: A whole new way to browse and view hundreds of the latest theatrical trailers.
  • National Hockey League: Watch live games. View highlights, scores, and more.
  • Wall Street Journal Live: Watch up-to-date news, business commentary, and financial analysis from leading experts.

Apple has also added support for subtitles in Netflix and three new slideshow themes: Photo Wall, Flip-up, and Shifting Tiles.

We'll update this space once more information is available.

Update 10/13: We have a tethered jailbreak working for the new 4.4 software, however there are a handful of AppleTV specific issues that need to be addressed before it becomes useable. A step in the right direction, but still more work to be done. Stay tuned. 

Update 10/17: Apple has released AppleTV 4.4.1.

Update 10/18: Seas0nPass has been updated to support a tethered jailbreak of AppleTV 4.4 (and 4.4.1). More details here.

Update 10/26: Seas0nPass has been updated to support AppleTV 4.4.2 (still tethered). Details here.

But you can jailbreak a 4.3 version?! I have got an iTunes Error, since the 4.4 is out.

For me, iPad 2 iOS5 full mirroring via Airplay to ATV2 is more important than jailbreak, so I am updating right now,

But of course the ability to re-jailbreak will be very appreciated 8)

Does the 4.4 update add any new features to the “base” appleTV 2? Can’t find any info on what the version update includes.

Apple’s servers are getting hammered today. Many people are reporting restore errors even with the normal firmware.

The full list of changes is as follows:

• AirPlay Mirroring: Now with video mirroring – wirelessly stream what’s on your iPad 2 screen to your HDTV.
  • Photo Stream: View photos recently taken on your iOS device and pushed to your Photo Stream in iCloud.
  • Trailers: A whole new way to browse and view hundreds of the latest theatrical trailers.
  • National Hockey League: Watch live games. View highlights, scores, and more.
  • Wall Street Journal Live: Watch up-to-date news, business commentary, and financial analysis from leading experts.

Apple has also added support for subtitles in Netflix and three new slideshow themes: Photo Wall, Flip-up, and Shifting Tiles.

Thanks for info.  :slight_smile:

Juat got an Update failed message on my ATV2. Is this due to the Apple servers being busy, or should I first factory reset my ATV to go from jailbreaked 4.3 to official 4.4?

I got my apple tv yesterday, jailbroke it and today ios5 came out. I had no idea, it caught me by surprise asking do you want to update. Stupid me says yes update…

And of course I did not backup SHSH blobs, because I had no idea!!

Oh well, i’ll just wait for seasonpass to be updated (soon hopefully)!

My conclusion is: BACKUP YOUR SHSH blobs!!!

was just about to purchase my first Apple TV today after using a PS3 as my media streamer the last few years – will the jailbreak procedure still work with a new Apple TV?  Will Seas0nPass still download 4.3 software in order for the Jailbreak to take place?

Or since 4.4 is on the servers now, am I boned until a new procedure is released?

Probably an Apple server issue - lots of people updating their iPhones, iPads and AppleTVs today.

The current version of Seas0nPass defaults to 4.3, which Apple was still signing earlier today. Though there’s no telling if and when this window will close.

Any rough ETA on a release (days, weeks, months)?

I assume the jailbreak community has been working on iOS 5 for some time, so hopefully it won’t be long!

Are we still able to downgrade though? I updated just to try out Airplay mirroring (which is badass by the way) and I wanted to downgrade back. Seems like every time I try I get an iTunes error. Also I did save my SHSH blobs.

Sorry newbie question here.

If I update Apple TV2 to 4.4 then I will need to re jailbreak once the new season pass comes out??  Its just I have XBMC running very smoothly at the moment and don’t want to mess about and cause it to break.  So once the jailbreak comes out I can have it all back to how it was?  

Will libraries need to be rescanned as everything is wiped?

Thanks…like I said…newbie questions!!! :slight_smile:

completly new setup…all personal settings lost…it´s a new installation…

I formerly had Firecore with Jailbreak etc installed. Updated to the new iOS 4.4 yesterday and now ATV2 restarts again and again the whole night long. Any chance to get it up and running again? :frowning:

Same shit every time. The iOS release did not happen “suddenly”. You could have had a jb up and running at the time of the release. Thanks for nothing.

I HAVE BOTH APPLE TV’S GEN 1 & 2, WILL THERE BE AN UPDATE TO APPLE GEN 1 TO USE MIRRORING VIA REMOTE HD LIKE THERE WAS TO SUPPORT AIRPLAY??

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK :slight_smile:

Where is your patience, have you taken your medicine?

These people at Firecore are working very hard for your enjoyment and want to make sure that if they release a new version of Seas0nPass that it will not break your precious ATV2.

Patience is a virtue!