Apple TV2 LED Blinks Fast and Black Screen (No Logo) Bricked?

When I try to do just a standard restore in iTunes I get the "This device isn't eligible for the requested build." error.

I've tried everything to get it to respond normally with no luck.  The only thing that seemed to do anything was greepois0n.

When I ran it I got the ATV2 into DFU mode and it said it completed and the ATV2 went to the slow blink and it dropped out of iTunes.

When I unplug it and plug it back in it goes back to the fast blink.

I can still get it into DFU mode but it won't accept any restore via iTunes.

I've tried two different micro-usb cables and I don't believe that they are the issue.

I've also tried this on 2 different Macs and 1 PC.

Any ideas? Any help is greatly appreciated. 

I have the same problem. The signal light on ATV2 is blinking white, and does not respond to jailbreaking or restoring in iTunes. Any idea how to do a ‘hard’ reset on this thing?

You can try plugging it into the power source and USB at the same time and using TinyUmbrella to exit out of recovery or something simliar.

Likewise, while plugged into both try rebooting by pressing down and Menu at the same time for 7 seconds. Remember, do not run GP, SP or any IPSW updating while plugged into AC.

Thanks. I tried on a new mac, and it worked. I downloaded the latest version of iTunes (downgraded beta) and deleted the library file. Was able to jailbreak the ATV2 with the latest version of Seas0npass and the latest version of iOS (4.2.2). Watching movies from my external hdd connected to airport extreme and ATV2.

So what was your full method? Ive not read about using a downgraded beta, deleted lib file, etc. Also did you just accomplish the jailbreak today?

I had this same problem, the apple file download was truncated and stuck in unzip mode, used various jail break tools / IPSW restore files which all failed in the itunes restore, and ended up where you are with the ATV2 in DFU mode permanently. Did this for 5 hours and gave up at 2 am this morning.

Came back to iMac this morning, ran SeaSonPass, downloaded and all worked, created the modified IPSW file and restored in Itunes without issue and all working.

Suggest you try to jailbreak again, seems the Apple servers are handing out the correct files and iTunes is seeing that the ATV2 can be updated to that version.