Apple TV frozen

My apple TV froze after I plugged in a 1tb hard drive. It will start up and show the menu but the remote won’t do anything including reset.
I did not realize that the hard drive was formated to fat at the time.
This is a brand new ATV which came with 2.1 and updated to 2.2 with the latest version of atv flash and the neto tv installed on it. I had it working with a mac os 320gb drive but when I plugged in the 1tb it froze and will not recover no matter how many times I unplug the power. Can anyone help, please?

You may need to un-pair and re-pair your remote. This can be done with the Apple TV on. Hold the left arrow and menu buttons for a few seconds until you see the remote icon in the upper left corner. To re-pair it, hold the right arrow and menu buttons.

I have this same problem. I used aTV to install Boxee. It worked OK until I tried updating Boxee. My AppleTV now refuses to recognize the remote control. Trying to pair/unpair the remote has no effect. The small pinpoint light on the front of the AppleTV flashes green when the remote is used, it just doesn’t do anything. The larger light on the right of the Apple TV is neither amber or green–it doesn’t light up at all.

The AppleTV will boot if I unplug/plug it. It just goes to slideshow after a few minutes because it’s not receiving any commands from the remote. It’s been like this for a week now.

I tried re-installing aTV/Boxee, but that did nothing to change it.

Is there a way to re-image the AppleTV via FTP to try to get it going again?

I am in exactly the same position after I tried updating Boxee. The remote has no effect. I have tried re pairing the remotes and as well I have tried 3 other apple remotes for the same effect.
All these remotes will work on other devices.
I have just installed the new 3.4 update for the same result.
I need to restore the Apple TV with the Terminal, but I need help to do this.

Anyone???

I am in exactly the same position after I tried updating Boxee. The remote has no effect. I have tried re pairing the remotes and as well I have tried 3 other apple remotes for the same effect.

Anyone???[/quote]

I still have the opening screen for the Apple TV but can get no further no matter what I do
Is there any way to reset the AppleTV fromthe terminal through Fugu or Transmit?

Thank You

TND

Anyone???[/quote]

I still have the opening screen for the Apple TV but can get no further no matter what I do
Is there any way to reset the AppleTV fromthe terminal through Fugu or Transmit?

Thank You

TND[/quote]

The keymaps changed in the Apple TV 2.3 software, so if you are running an outdated version of aTV Flash on the 2.3 software, this issue will be present with Boxee.

Make sure you have the latest 3.4.1 version installed. You can view the installed version in the Apple TV > Maintenance > About aTV Flash menu.

Anyone???[/quote]

Thank You

TND[/quote]

The keymaps changed in the Apple TV 2.3 software, so if you are running an outdated version of aTV Flash on the 2.3 software, this issue will be present with Boxee.

Make sure you have the latest 3.4.1 version installed. You can view the installed version in the Apple TV > Maintenance > About aTV Flash menu.[/quote]

My problem is that all I see is the opening menu for the AppleTV and can get no further.
The remotes will not activate any of the menu items so I get no further and am unable
to access any of the menu items beyond the initial screen. Hence I cannot restore, upgrade or do any maintenance on the set
Help Please

TND

I have the same problem, anyone successful fixing this issue?

Your remote may simply need to be ‘unpaired’. We have a guide for doing this here:
http://wiki.atvflash.com/index.php?title=Remote

After installing ATV-Flash, my remote acts strangely on some of the added menus while working normally on the stock menus. For example, On the “Install Extras” sub-menu, when I hit the down arrow, the cursor jumps to the bottom item in the menu and will not move no matter which button I press. I can escape by using the Menu button.

In XBMC, the cursor jumps to System when I press down, then freezes. Pressing the up arrow results in a frantic “spin” between the selections complete with continuous clicking. At this point I’m forced to pull the plug.

Unpair and Re-pairing have no effect.

I tried the google atv-bootloader and had similar results before deciding to plunk down some cash and get support. I hope I didn’t waste my money purchasing this product.

You will want to ensure you have the AppleTV 2.3 or later software installed. You can view the installed version in the Settings > General > About menu.

You will want to ensure you have the AppleTV 2.3 or later software installed. You can view the installed version in the Settings > General > About menu.[/quote]

Yes. 2.4 and I just let Apple update the box, so I’m back to factory with 2.4

I’ll try again…

You will want to ensure you have the AppleTV 2.3 or later software installed. You can view the installed version in the Settings > General > About menu.[/quote]

Yes. 2.4 and I just let Apple update the box, so I’m back to factory with 2.4

I’ll try again…[/quote]

I don’t like magic when it comes to technology, but this time it worked. Everything is copa cetic. Now to go find that Tiger disk and get Flash working …