Apple TV Audio Silent Until Rewind (w/ Wireless Audio Sync enabled)

Sound back on Infuse!

But having reset Video I now cannot watch Apple TV+ or Netflix for more than two seconds without screen going black then on and off again every few seconds! Cured when going to 1080P. Same with Infuse now, works for a second then loses signal. Changed so many settings and cables… time for bed.

Might try a restart after the reset

1 Like

With a clear mind this morning, I recall changing a few HDMI cables yesterday while experimenting with AV amp and Apple TV switched on and wondered if I could have ruined socket?

I plugged Apple TV direct into TV and all ok, including sound at starts with Infuse. Back into Amp HDMI 4 where I had it, unplayable going off every two seconds, but switching to HDMI 2 input (where I had Blu-ray) all good again. So completely unrelated to altering Apple Video settings it seems, faulty HDMI socket but ok if Apple TV set to 1080P output!

Will experiment a bit more but can live with just a faulty input on the Yamaha.

And great the Infuse sound problems solved for everyone :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Does HDMI 4 have enhanced output enabled? This allows for 4K content to be played.

I don’t think my RX-A1070 has an HDMI 4K Mode or enhanced setting. Looked through 170 page manual and HDMI in setup onscreen. It was this HDMI4 that has been used for 2 or 3 years with Apple TV and not had a 4K problem. Well, apart from handshaking and having to sometimes switch input back and forth! Thanks for suggestion though, Google shows current units having a mode 1 and 2 option, mine is 2017 vintage.

If all else fails you can try unplugging the receiver, waiting a few minutes and then plugging it back in. If that doesn’t work it’s possible one of the hdmi pins has gunk on it or is corroded.

1 Like

Hi everybody,

for me, the new solution via the reset of the video settings didn’t solve the audio startup problems, at least not the way I expected. BUT I have definitely found out what causes the problem instead (after bazillions of restarts etc.).

The problem is NOT the video settings - it’s the rather new function “wireless audio synchronization” (that is reset as well if you reset the video settings, that’s why people think the video settings were the culprit)! When I calibrated this setting, the audio startup problems were immediately back again, regardless of any video setting. After resetting the Wireless Audio Synchronization (i.e. disabling it), the audio problems were gone again!

Please try this for yourselves, I am 100 percent sure THAT setting is the buggy one - and I’m afraid you, James, have to start the research work again as no other streaming app has this problem but Infuse.

Best

2 Likes

One point on this which has just come to mind reading your reply, there were some news articles about store purchases not having sound too a few days ago…

Link to Toms Hardware

I didn’t come across this myself, mainly because I didn’t rent or buy anything recently.

Great info thanks!

We’re looking into this.

I reset video settings and the problem is gone!

In fact I reset video settings then I did audio calibration again. And I still have the issue.

Did the video settings reset fix the audio problem before you redid the audio cal?

I did the audio calibration just after resetting video settings. Now I turned off calibration and doing my tests.

That’s exactly what I meant. As soon as you do the wireless audio calibration, the audio start up problems are back again. Then, if you disable the wireless audio calibration, the audio start up problems are gone

Best.

It’s not best for me as lip sync is totally messed up in Infuse without audio calibration. @james

I don’t think James meant for you not to use the audio calibration, we just wanted to verify that if you either reset the video or turned off the audio sync calibration that would cause the audio to work properly without having to first skip forward or back.

Just a troubleshooting step to verify things are the same for everyone having the problem. :wink:

Fixed it for me. Thankfully, I don’t use wireless audio anymore, having switched to the HDMI Sonos Soundbar.

1 Like

Thanks disabling the audio sync fixed the problem. :+1:

Disabling audio sync worked for me too. thank you

When I start playback of any video with Infuse Pro 7.0.10 on Apple TV the audio is missing. This behavior is independent of the movie‘s language, number of tracks (1 language, x languages) or type of audio track.
As a workaround I must open the „Audio“-menu and re-select the audio track, even if it‘s already marked with a tick. Then audio playback starts synchronized and smooth i.e. without further problems. Re-Installing the app didn‘t solve the problem. Also on my iPad Pro this issue doesn‘t occur.