Apple TV Audio Silent Until Rewind (w/ Wireless Audio Sync enabled)

To add further, my 3 cables were 6m long from AV Receiver to TV. In case the length was suddenly causing any problems, I plugged the Apple TV directly into my LG C8 using a 2m cable, but still had same result.

Agree, as a former Beta Tester, anything has to be investigated because there is a connection somewhere between people affected !

1 Like

I’ve been having this problem too on my original Apple TV 4K. I seem to have resolved the problem by resetting video settings and then setting up the resolution, refresh rate and chroma again. I am outputting at 4K SDR 60Hz, 4:4:4 chroma, matching frame rate and dynamic range. I have certified Premium HDMI cables (checked by scanning the hologram QR code with the app), but still had the issue.

4 Likes

Just to verify, you are no longer having this issue since you reset the video settings and going through the set up again on the ATV?

No more silent until rewind correct?

2 Likes

Correct, have tested a few video files so far that have worked first time.

2 Likes

First of all this issue started out of The blue.
I had my Apple 4K tv set to output High RGB for a long time with the sound working just fine.
I have now tried to set my output YCbCr with chroma 4:4:4 and everything works great again.
I have no idea as of why.

After reading here I then tried to reset the videosettings, and now The sound works again also with High RGB.
So fix that worked for me was to reset videosettings on my Apple tv.

2 Likes

Maybe I’ll try High RGB! This seems so random

This is really interesting, thanks!

For anyone else seeing this issue, can you try resetting video settings in Apple TV > Settings > Video and Audio and then making your preferred selections again to see if this has any impact?

2 Likes

Worked here

1 Like

Reset your video settings on your Apple tv under settings, and set up you perfered resolution and format. It worked for me.

Beats sacrificing a live chicken on top of the ATV…

2 Likes

Glad it worked! I just tried it on the off chance really.

3 Likes

@james, I was going to reply to @ludacrus to confirm that in my settings resetting video settings and restoring back to the original preferred settings (which are Chroma 4:2:2 and high HDR 4K 60Hz in my case), seems to have resolved the issue with the audio silencing :star_struck:

2 Likes

Resetting the video settings also worked for me. Chroma 4:4:4 with sound is working again

2 Likes

I just changed to RGB high and audio worked. Changed back to YCbCr and the audio stopped. Had to use the ff rew to get it going again.

Interesting

Did you try doing the “Reset Video Settings” on the ATV then returning the settings to what you want?

1 Like

Just tried that and put all the settings back to where they were. Bingo. Got sound again.

2 Likes

Now I’m curious if just a restart of the ATV would solve the problem too.

nope - I tried this before.

1 Like

Thanks for that!

1 Like

Awesome! :star_struck:

It looks like this may be a case of some of the Apple TV’s hidden audio/video settings not migrating correctly when upgrading to tvOS 14.7. This would help explain why we were never able to replicate this issue here.

Big thanks to @ludacrus for the sleuthing!