Apple TV 4K buffering w/ 4K HDR HEVC MKV file

Hi folks.

Just bought Infuse Pro in order to stream files from my NAS to my new Apple TV 4K.

The image and audio quality are fantastic, but Infuse Pro insists on buffering every 30 seconds or so, which essentially renders the app useless to me.

My setup has been thoroughly tested and is very fast for the content I’m trying to play back. Fast NAS, fast disk, fast network (all ethernet).

I’ve tried NFS, and SMB (including the “Legacy” and other SMB modes within Infuse Pro). Both exhibit the same exact issue.

Using my Macbook Pro w/ macOS Mojave and VLC, I’m able to play back the same file from the same SMB share without any problems.

The file in question is a 22GB 4K HDR MKV. Here are the main details from ffmpeg:

Input #0, matroska,webm, from './Video.mkv':
  bitrate: 19440 kb/s
    Stream #0:0(eng): Video: hevc (Main 10), yuv420p10le(tv, bt2020nc/bt2020/smpte2084), 3840x1600 [SAR 1:1 DAR 12:5], 23.98 fps, 23.98 tbr, 1k tbn, 23.98 tbc (default)
    Stream #0:1(eng): Audio: truehd, 48000 Hz, 7.1, s32 (24 bit) (default)
    Stream #0:2(eng): Audio: dts (DTS-HD MA), 48000 Hz, 7.1, s32p (24 bit)
    Stream #0:3(eng): Audio: ac3, 48000 Hz, 5.1(side), fltp, 640 kb/s

The problem would thus seem to be with Infuse Pro itself. :expressionless:

I’d rather get this working instead of trying to get a refund, because in general I’m quite impressed with Infuse Pro. It would be a fantastic media player if it would stream this file and other similar files properly.

Incidentally, I’ve also tried to play the same content back using Infuse Pro on my iPhone XS Max running iOS 12. Same exact result.

Happy to provide any more information if that will help with debugging the issue.

Thank you!

Voobr

Welcome to the forum!

Generally, when issues with buffering come up it’s related to something in the network (EG a bad cable).

To help narrow this down, you might try connecting the Apple TV via Wi-Fi to see if this improves buffering for you.