apple tv 2nd generation no jaibreak

hi, the jailbreak for the apple tv 2nd generation (black) doesn't work although i followed the instructions on your site. can anybody help please? thanks

m

I am having the exact same issue.  I went through all the jailbreak steps three times and iTunes extracts software then goes to a step that says "Verifying Apple TV restore with Apple...." and after this I get an error message that says "The Apple TV could not be restored. This device isn't eligible for the requested build."  Any suggestions?  I really want to purchase this program, but am not about to do so if I cant even get the preinstall steps to work.  Thanks

Apple just came up with an update on Dec 15. I followed these instructions - http://bit.ly/fR6rOq - and the jailbreak worked (be sure to read the comments as they point out the typos), but aTV Flash (black) just wouldn't take. :-(

Please read the instructions on the site before complaining.

The problem is that you do not know what you are doing.

AppleTV can only be jailbroken using a tethered jailbreak.

The instructions on the Firecore site are for people who saved their 4.0 SHSH blobs using Tiny Umbrella.

If you don’t understand what I just said, then you should wait until DevTeam release an easy jailbreak some time around Christmas.

A lot of people are using aTV Flash fine on their 2g. You just need to understand how jailbreaks work.