Apple Tv 2 on 5.2

HI people i am new here and a big hello to everyone here.  Ok i have  a problem in jailbreaking my apple tv2 its on 5.2.   I have downloaded seasOnpass on my windows laptop, its on windows7, i have no antivirus etc and when i click on seasOnpass and on the left i go to create ipsw it says waiting for device??? i put the micro usb cabel in and out, tryed different micro usb, without micro usb still i get the same message???  i tryed different links to download the seasOnpass still the same any help guys please?

thanks..

[quote="APPLE MR CARE"]

HI people i am new here and a big hello to everyone here.  Ok i have  a problem in jailbreaking my apple tv2 its on 5.2.   I have downloaded seasOnpass on my windows laptop, its on windows7, i have no antivirus etc and when i click on seasOnpass and on the left i go to create ipsw it says waiting for device??? i put the micro usb cabel in and out, tryed different micro usb, without micro usb still i get the same message???  i tryed different links to download the seasOnpass still the same any help guys please?

thanks..

[/quote]

welcome to the community, 1st lets make sure it's a gen 2 does the light stay on when you have the micro usb cable connected? If it does then you have a gen 2 if it doesn't plug the power cord in and and pull it right out if it stays on it's a 2 if both steps apply and the light does not stay on you have a gen 3

now step 2, connect the micro usb open season pass and click on create ipsw if it tells you waiting for device plug the power cord in a wait a minute or two for the computer to recognize it once it does unplug the power cable and let the software run it's course

[quote="micheal96"]

[quote=APPLE MR CARE]

thanks..

[/quote]

I have to agree with your step #2... laptops don't put out a lot of power, plugging in the power cord should help.

welcome to the community, 1st lets make sure it's a gen 2 does the light stay on when you have the micro usb cable connected? If it does then you have a gen 2 if it doesn't plug the power cord in and and pull it right out if it stays on it's a 2 if both steps apply and the light does not stay on you have a gen 3

now step 2, connect the micro usb open season pass and click on create ipsw if it tells you waiting for device plug the power cord in a wait a minute or two for the computer to recognize it once it does unplug the power cable and let the software run it's course

[/quote]

HI thanks for reply, i tryed the micro usb the light doesnt stay on no worrys il try that and will let you know asap thank you ever so much for great response .

thanks..

[/quote]

I have to agree with your step #2... laptops don't put out a lot of power, plugging in the power cord should help.

[/quote]

[/quote]

if the light doesn't stay on after u unplug the power cable, like I said before you have a gen 3 give it up

turn it over the 1st line near the bottom you will see either 1427 or 1469

[quote="micheal96"]

if the light doesn't stay on after u unplug the power cable, like I said before you have a gen 3 give it up

turn it over the 1st line near the bottom you will see either 1427 or 1469 [/quote]

I had a gen 2 aTV that didn't power through the USB port, I had to use the power cable to jailbreak it. Other than that it works fine.