Apple remote not responding and low performances .

Hello all ,

I installed version 3.6.1 on my ATV for 10 days now , everything is OK , but if I leave my ATV powered on all the time , after a while Apple remote is not responding , I can see the led blinking on the ATV but nothing happens … So I have to unplug/plug the power cord to get my ATV functioning !
If I can watch divx or movies with some luck , after maybe a bit more than one hour , image become slow , jerking , so I cannot continue watching TV … ATV is very hot , I know this is designed for being powered on all the time but I need to power it off in order to cool it and then I can use it again .

Any ideas regarding this problem ?

Thank you .

Bob

Let us know if the new aTVFlash 3.6.2 fixes your issues at all.

Hello ,

Thank you for your answer .
When I ordered aTV Flash , I did not subscribe to the newsletter ( I do now ) so I was not aware that an update was available … How can I download it , I mean will I receive an e-mail notification with a link included ?
Installation procedure is the same as for a fresh installation I assume ?

Bob

Go to https://www.atvflash.com/account.php and log in. You should have created a user name and password (separate from the forums) when you ordered the software. Once logged in you can go to your order and at the bottom of the order page, you can find the download there. And yes you will be notified when updates are released in the newsletter. :smiley:

Hello ,

I have updated my ATV this week end to 3.6.2 , but unfortunatelly it does not solve my problem ! I still must shut it down every night .
Any help or ideas would be appreciated .

Bob

I have the same problem.
thank you for your help

I can also confirm having this problem… from the moment I got my AppleTV a few months ago.
With every upgrade of ATVFlash I hope it will be gone but it still there, also in the latest release.
Via SSH I checked the CPU load when it starts responding sluggish… remarkably the CPU is hardly loaded (only +/- 10%).
Still the AppleTV feels like it’s running at 100% CPU usage.

I will check next time again but I believe after restarting Finder.app the problem is gone for some time.
Of course rebooting the AppleTV solves it as well for some time.

edit:
Oh btw… let me guess, you are using NitoTV for videoplayback ?

Exactly the same problem I have with my ATV Flash.
My pet hate with it!

Hello all ,

I have upgraded to 3.6.3 a few weeks ago , and it seems to be solved now !
ATV respond correctly , but I did not watch a full movie yet …

Bob