Apple Icons Missing After Jailbreaking

I was having problems with my ATV2 so a few days ago I decided to re-jailbreak.

The jailbreak was successful but when I attached my ATV to my TV and rebooted, all icons were missing except for the following:

Computers
Crunchy Roll
Qello
FC (settings)

I am running Yosemite but I have also tried the jailbreak on Mavericks and Windows 8 with the same results.

Can someone tell me why this is happening?

I have contacted Firecore on 3 occasions but have not had a response. Does anyone know if they are still offering support?

ATV Software Version 5.3 (6105)
OS Build Version 6.1.4 (10B809)

Thanks for your assistance.

Is the device connected to the internet?

Yes

Well if your ATV is connected to the internet with a cable (not wireless) and you still have this issue then I would restore to the latest firmware version in iTunes and see if you have all the icons. Then jailbreak if you do.

Why does it matter how I connect?

If I restore to the latest firmware version will that not prevent me from jailbreaking?

Thanks

The most common reason for not having all your icons displayed is due to not being properly connected to the internet. If you connect by wire then you can rule out any problem with your wireless connection.

SP will jailbreak from any version to 5.3

I just connected via cable and got the same result.

So are you saying that if I update my ATV via Apple’s Update service, I will still be able to jailbreak my unit?

Correct.

Since Apple is still signing 5.3, you can downgrade/upgrade to 5.3 regardless of what version you are currently running

This was posted in the Forum by James:

6.2 (iOS 7.1.2 - 11D257c) - no jailbreak yet
6.1.1 (iOS 7.1.1 - 11D201c) - no jailbreak yet
6.1 (iOS 7.1 - 11D169b) - no jailbreak yet
6.0.2 (iOS 7.0.4 - 11B554a) - no jailbreak yet
6.0.1 (iOS 7.0.3 - 11B511d) - no jailbreak yet
6.0 (iOS 7.0 - 11A470e) - no jailbreak yet
5.3 (iOS 6.1.4 - 10B809) - untethered via Seas0nPass

How I interpret this is if I update my firmware past 5.3, there is no jailbreak available. I can however down grade to a previous version - 5.2 for example. BTW, I tried this and it did not work for me.

Am I reading this right? If you agree, then it means that I cannot update since I am currently using the latest jailbroken firmware for my ATV2.

I looking forward to hearing your comments.

Thanks

At the moment you can only jailbreak to 5.3 unless you already have saved blobs for the earlier release that you want to target.

I saved to the cloud from my ATV but apparently that does not work as well as FireCore would have us believe.

I became a lifetime member of ATV (black) but now it would seem that it was all for nothing. What a waste.

I have been without my ATV for over two weeks now and since it would appear that the FC support team has no solution to this problem, I have no choice but to update to the latest version of the firmware which will no longer allow me to jailbreak.a

For those who tried to assist - Thank You.

BEST SUGGESTION:
Update to latest firmware
plug into TV
see if have icons
check settings to see if have network connection
if have no network then something’s wrong with network or AppleTV
if have network then unplug and run seasonpass to downgrade to 5.3 (it will do 5.3 automatically)
if you still have trouble after doing previous steps come back and reply
if you have no problems come back and reply anyway.

BEST SUGGESTION:
Update to latest firmware
plug into TV
see if have icons
check settings to see if have network connection
if have no network then something’s wrong with network or AppleTV
if have network then unplug and run seasonpass to downgrade to 5.3 (it will do 5.3 automatically)
if you still have trouble after doing previous steps come back and reply
if you have no problems come back and reply anyway.

When you say latest firmware which version are you referring to?

I have a network connection so there is no issue where that is concerned

I have downgraded to 5.2 and upgraded to 5.3. However, I have no upgraded from 5.3 because from what I understand, if I do, there is no jailbreak.

Thanks

You’re worried about something you shouldn’t be worried about.
True, there is no jailbreak for >5.3. The update to latest is just to see if your ATV works and it’s not the jailbreak itself. After update and checking if everything’s OK then you downgrade to 5.3.

The reason to update to latest? Because you have no other choice, 5.3 and the latest are the ONLY choices right now.

Thanks a mil Carpenter940!

I restored my ATV and then updated it to the latest firmware and after it rebooted, all icons were present. So I guess there must be some glitch with the jailbreak.

I then downgraded to 5.3 but had to do it twice before it took effect. I now have all my icons back.

What caused this problem in the first place was my updating to Kodi. NitoTV seems to have issues as well.Do you know whether these apps are supposed to be working on ATV2? I am wondering if I should uninstall Kodi and NitoTV and then upload the apps using SSH or the nito installer.

Thanks again!