ANYONE get Seas0nPass to work at ALL or just a BRICK like me?

I have followed the steps to the letter with no luck

I THINK I got jailbreak to complete, but my only clue is that the ATV will not boot and work as it did an hour ago... I assume this is because it can not only boot when tethered to a mac in the expected process.

The trouble is that Seas0nPass also promised a simple tether boot with the big ole button to the right when launched. THIS DOES NOT WORK.

leaving your ATV a non bootable brick.

I follow the tether boot directions clearly and ATV will simply NOT go back into DFU mode to allow the tether boot.

WHAT IS UP???

Yep......I'm getting the same thing, crap. :(

You think they would have tried the process before they released SeasonPass??????????????

Good news is that I was able to restore with itunes to the non jalibroken ATV

after jumping through all the apple ATV set up log in's with the silly remote...

Now I am trying my own "take 2" with the lovely Seas0nPass...

Once again the jailbreak process seems to go smoothly, streamlined and nice really.

Ok now I'll try to get into DFU for the tethered boot AGAIN...

Please let us know of your progress!!

Second attempt worked for me and aTV Flash is now installed.

The DFU mode issues seems to be related to open / closed iTunes when you press "MENU + PLAY". That's what did the trick for me, but no promises.

First attempt killed it, but I restored through iTunes.

Well 2nd time was a charm... by golly I got the tethered boot to take.

Just went for it, clicked tethered boot in the Seas0nPass Mac app

Quickly connected the USB, waited only a few seconds for the slightly faster lights to blink

connected the ATV power cable

quickly, without waiting for anything else, held the menu+play buttons at the bottom of the ATV remote for slow count of 7 seconds.

let go and shortly after the Seas0nPass app saw DFU mode and quickly told me to remove the USB

plugged back to HDMI with the TV nearby and began jumping through all the ATV set up again.

Now I've made sure to turn on AirPlay

Turn on Home Sharing by going to Computers under the far right Settings menu

Now off to attempt the ATVFlash (black) install...

wish me luck

PS - I have no clues why the second round took - maybe it needed a nice apple factory restore first?

I did use a different USB cable??

Maybe just the HACK nature of this stuff takes a few patient rounds of the ENTIRE process start to finish. (not just trying hopelessly to get into DFU over and over when it's not working)

So did itunes need to open or closed when trying to tether boot with Seas0nPass?

I openeded iTunes and pressed "MENU + PLAY" and then it caught the DFU mode.

iTunes couldn't find the IPSW file, but a finder dialog opened by itself, and I located it in the root of my user folder.

Sorry, two different issues here.

1. The AppleTV must be disconnected from the computer (then reconnected) after the restore for the tethered boot process to work properly. The Seas0nPass guide has been updated to reflect this.

2. Additionally the current version of Seas0nPass has a bug which prevents some items in the Manage Extras menu from installing properly. An updated version of Seas0nPass will be available shortly. http://forum.firecore.com/topic/3684?page=1#comment-12791

[quote="kasperb.3406"]

I openeded iTunes and pressed "MENU + PLAY" and then it caught the DFU mode.

iTunes couldn't find the IPSW file, but a finder dialog opened by itself, and I located it in the root of my user folder.

[/quote]

Wait was this during the JAILBREAK or the TETHER BOOT process?

My jailbreak when fine, but could not find DFU during Tether boot...

I thought you were saying that having itunes open or closed affected the TETHER BOOT...??

OK, now got it to go all good until aTV Flash Black. 

Install successful. 

Black screen on TV.  Light on on aTV.  Blinks on remote usage.

?????????????????

I can't get it to work. Pressing Menu/Play after 7 seconds I get the flashing blue light and then nothing. It doesn't open iTunes or start the restore process.

When I openned iTunes manually, it did show the AppleTV was connected.

I have atvblack jailbroken successfully, however when installed atvflash through my computer atv rebooted and has been stuck on the apple logo for almost an hour and then the tv went black and it rebooted AGAIN and stuck on logo for 20 minutes, and just now it rebooted AGAINNNNNN and still stuck on logo. wtf is going on? 

anybody else having the same issue? this is ridiculous. 

You DO realize that with all current jailbreaks you can not just boot the ATV as normal, instead you MUST "tether boot" in a specific method while connected to your mac.

Without the Mac connection and software method, the jailbroken ATV will simply hang up as you mention.

[quote="ckiriaze"]

I have atvblack jailbroken successfully, however when installed atvflash through my computer atv rebooted and has been stuck on the apple logo for almost an hour and then the tv went black and it rebooted AGAIN and stuck on logo for 20 minutes, and just now it rebooted AGAINNNNNN and still stuck on logo. wtf is going on? 

anybody else having the same issue? this is ridiculous. 

[/quote]

Yes andyspocket...i DO realize that. I have been doing just that, as firecore detailed, and after tetherbooting it was jailbroken, however to install atv flash, you have to do that from your computer and it locates the apple tv wirelessly, and installs the needed software wirelessly as well. After it finished installing atvflash, it rebooted itself and hung as described. 

I just re did the whole set up from the get go, and it booted but this time without nito(nivo)tv in the menu...then i installed atvflash(the december 2nd build) and it finished and the screen went black for a couple seconds and then back to the main menu, and everything looks the same as stock apple tv. 

I dont get whats going wrong here..

Which version of aTV Flash (black) are you using?

Beta2 is the only version that is compatible with the 4.1+ (iOS 4.2.1) software.

You'll want to ensure you're installing Beta2, as the first Beta is not compatible with the 4.1+ (iOS 4.2.1) software.

Interesting you mention that, I just tried again...after getting the new atvflash, and following word for word, it wouldve worked on my last attempt-however i installed atvflash right after atv booted, and i guess it didnt take effect. As i tried again now, i made sure home sharing/airplay etc were on, and installed and voila it worked. Just tried installing plex from the extras and alls good!

For anyone else, read word for word the detailed steps, i missed the part where it states "Wait for the rapid flashing light then connect the power"...