Anomalies in TV show seasons display

Hi,

First off Infuse has become my video player and media library front end of choice - love it, great playback, way more reliable than the Plex client - great work, cannot wait for 6!

However I have a little issues and I wonder if anyone can help me resolve it?

I am using Infuse 5 Pro on a 4K ATV I am connecting to a local Plex Server - using a favourite shortcut from the share (not via library or the automatically created favourite icons) - I have inconsistent display of TV seasons,

For any given TV show - with one or more season - I see two different behaviours. The behaviour never changes, but I cannot see a pattern:

Select one TV show and I see cover artwork for each season, select one and I get the episodes.

Select another TV show and I see a number of grey folders one per season, select one of these and I then see the cover art work for the season, select that and I get the episodes.

Obviously the latter situation is not desirable, and unseen if I use the library tile to access my shows or indeed the automagically created TV Shows icon - they all behave like the first type…

Why do I see some shows with Grey Folders - how can I over come it, is it a Plex data issue?

Any advice on this would b greatly appreciated.

sTeVE

This is sort of expected right now, as Infuse is a bit more limited when browsing files via a normal folder view.

Have you tried using the Library for your TV shows? This will often provide a much better experience as Infuse will be able to display consistent artwork at all levels (Series, Season, Episode).

Thanks for getting back to me.

I have solved my problem - I renamed all my tv shows correctly - so the file name “show” is at the start of each video file name…

For instance in show folder XXXX I have Season 1 and Season 2 folders and episodes are named XXXX - 1x01 - blah in season 1 and so on.

Totally fixed my issue!

Mind you had to rename over 4,000 files :slight_smile:

I did not realise when you link to Plex that the libraries are just folders in infuse…

sTeVE

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.